New Update?

Nuker77

as usual times between updates get pretty long, being such a small dev team and only part-time development of the game.

However, when that other update does come out, like another week at least and 2 months id expect at most...

...perhaps it will have new ported maps, Volcano and Complex? Oh, and more stable.

The team has done a great job so far. I can only say: Keep up the good work!

Yeah, new maps and a more stable game would fit very well.

I also would appreciate improvements to bot behaviour. They need some general polishing.

They need to focus entirely on making the game stable. New maps and everything else can wait. Server interaction (crashes and lag) need to fixed; the game is hardly playable for most of us who don't live in Europe due to server lag.

• Former Developers

We're hard at work on Beta 3, and there is a huge focus on optimization and stability. However it is taking some time to find out the real causes for the crashes as they keep eluding the crash logs. There is already a sizable change list and a very noticeable boost in performance, however there is still work to be done. We are working on new maps that may or may not make it into Beta 3 as they are still in development, as well as a bran new launcher.

We're hard at work on Beta 3, and there is a huge focus on optimization and stability. However it is taking some time to find out the real causes for the crashes as they keep eluding the crash logs. There is already a sizable change list and a very noticeable boost in performance, however there is still work to be done. We are working on new maps that may or may not make it into Beta 3 as they are still in development, as well as a bran new launcher.

Thanks for the info. Will there be any fix for the server lag (

)? It seems that right now there's no way to reconnect after you've lagged out, so it usually takes at least 5 minutes for lag to stop (sometimes up to 30 mins); or the game will kick you from the server.

This issue is far more annoying than the crashes for me, since I'm very rarely able to play an entire game without having to leave and rejoin several times.

People only seem to want to play in EU servers, I hate it because I'm in Australia and the ping is like 400

I setup a US server (PYROHOST AOW) and no-one ever joins it?

Reason for that is many EU players play on EU servers compared to any other region. So naturally US players come and play on EU servers because there are more people.

On other topics it was stated that's because of the crashes, US people will come back to US servers when the issues are resolved

I'm looking forwards to the next build - it's sure to be exciting!

Would you not consider using Gohla's Launcher that is now open source? It seems to be pretty decent & efficient and it works well. It would save you the time on creating a new launcher. :)

Link: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=72947

Please fix the IN GAME game browser in beta 2 it doens't show any games I think this hurt the no. of people playing as they launch the game and think wow, no one is paying and no servers. Not everyone is aware of the launcher.

2ndly the main bug is the crashes after a map is won, its random but 3/5 games I play results in a crash.

last, please have an in game updater so people can update their version, this will ensure everyone is running the latest release.

I haven't experienced much lag on EU servers. I'm from the East coast US. In fact, my ping is usually pretty low. Obviously higher than other players, but nothing game breaking. I barely notice it half the time.

I'm on the US west coast. I have very little lag on the EU servers as well.

Please fix the IN GAME game browser in beta 2 it doens't show any games I think this hurt the no. of people playing as they launch the game and think wow, no one is paying and no servers. Not everyone is aware of the launcher.

2ndly the main bug is the crashes after a map is won, its random but 3/5 games I play results in a crash.

last, please have an in game updater so people can update their version, this will ensure everyone is running the latest release.

I only use the ingame browser, works perfectly fine for me.

and i think there is a updater already, at least i did think i read that it is somehow bugged and not working atm :(