Any chance of Renegade X coming to consoles???

Scrin101

Ahh I see considering its a free to play there wont be any point in paying extra publishing fees. Thought it might turn into an xbox phenomenon since its a classic FPS one off from its series. Im thanking the developers that they have not destroyed this game by putting it on steam. Or at least not as far as Im aware of.

Noooo not steam there is probably another topic for renegade x to migrate to steam but its a bad idea. Firstly command and conquer is a single player series and relies heavily on its campaigns and skirmish modes. EA capped Westwood(developers of Renegade 2002) in the first place for failing to reach expectations. Secondly I think the player should have a choice either to play offline or multiplayer steam pretty much relies on its players to play online anyway.The game itself is gold quality and deserves to go further than PC.

as far as i know they do not force steam in the future it is just an extra way to get it ...

and steam support is already in the game ... serverowners can even force steam already

RenegadeX is no singleplayer game ... and classic Renegade was popular despite its singleplayer it did grow a community only because of its multiplayer ... from this multiplayer community RenegadeX did grow :P

The game right now is far from gold status too much bugs, gliches, crashes ... but i have no doubt that this will change over the year :)

BTW, i guess you not have to tell the history of westwood here ... the most in here know what happened and do miss them in charge for C&C

Noooo not steam there is probably another topic for renegade x to migrate to steam but its a bad idea. Firstly command and conquer is a single player series and relies heavily on its campaigns and skirmish modes. EA capped Westwood(developers of Renegade 2002) in the first place for failing to reach expectations. Secondly I think the player should have a choice either to play offline or multiplayer steam pretty much relies on its players to play online anyway.The game itself is gold quality and deserves to go further than PC.

You don't go further than PC.

You go PC.

PC gaming does now have its limitations because of steam no such thing as a physical CD anymore which means even more downloading!!! Westwood may be gone but EA did a pretty good job at continuing its franchise. Westwood made the biggest change from strategy to fps,unfortunately to EA it just was not enough. Glad that Totem arts reformed a great game from the ashes though.

PC gaming does now have its limitations because of steam no such thing as a physical CD anymore which means even more downloading!!!

Lol? Thats some backwards logic right there. You can very much buy physical discs still, and I do that for the rare interesting games that actually comes out on discs (Such as Starcraft II, I love the story). The ability to chose away discs is great though, especially since you dont need them to start a game.

Point made short: Discs are ancient. A system that demands the use of a disc is extremely limiting.

Command and conquer as franchise has mostly been a PC series. Looking at CNC3 and red alert being introduced to Xbox I thought there may be a small chance that Renegade X might go multi-platform.

Any thoughts???

Yeah, and both C&C3 and RA3 are complete jokes with a controller. Ive played both. FPS games arent much better off. Want Renegade X on the sofa? Try a Steambox.

I never liked Steam when it came out ...

I also liked the Discs ... just having a physical thing in your hands after you payed for it ...

even the forced online system did bother me ...

but now i became used to it ...

mainly because the sales, getting major AAA titles for less than 10€ is just great ...

getting indy gems for a small price ...

and if the game does have a Singleplayer you can play them offline aswell ...

yes, some games still do require you to be online, that is annoying ...

and steam has the right to close your account, losing all your titles, at any time

without the need to legitimate it ... never heared of anyone having a problem with that

so yes, there still downsides to steam, but in general it is okay

Physical discs are so much better so its not backward at all. Its called getting what you paid for. Steam is shocking as it is chances of corrupt data is pretty high when downloading 5 gigs worth of files. Having a disc is a direct clone of information on your hard drive from the disc. Of course as well less time consuming. The only advantage having steam is cut prices on games but I would pay extra for the disc. Shame if you corrupted your hard drive though.

you can burn all steam games on a disk ...

so you never have to download them again ...

the only thing is that you have to verify the files online once you copied them to your steam folder ...

DRM ... okay ... everyone has to decide alone if it is a thing someone can live with or not ...

(My) PROs:

you can have the games cheaper (up to 90% discount, even on AAA games)

you can easy quick join a friend

IM, working within the games

you can share videos and screenshots very easy (with friends and community)

workshop for a lot free comunity contend (not for all games)

boards and comunity sites to all games available (for user and dev support / game help)

large memberbase (unlikely to close any time soon, even older games still got living communities)

(My)CONs:

DRM, not all games work oflline

steam can close your account without the need to justify ... w/o any chance for getting it back or any compensation (even if i never heared of anyone with a problem)

they sell crappy stuff like WarZ (but you can buy crap in any store)

for me the PRO side does outweight the cons ...

but again, up fore everyone to decide

you can burn all steam games on a disk ...

so you never have to download them again ...

the only thing is that you have to verify the files online once you copied them to your steam folder ...

DRM ... okay ... everyone has to decide alone if it is a thing someone can live with or not ...

(My) PROs:

you can have the games cheaper (up to 90% discount, even on AAA games)

you can easy quick join a friend

IM, working within the games

you can share videos and screenshots very easy (with friends and community)

workshop for a lot free comunity contend (not for all games)

boards and comunity sites to all games available (for user and dev support / game help)

large memberbase (unlikely to close any time soon, even older games still got living communities)

(My)CONs:

DRM, not all games work oflline

steam can close your account without the need to justify ... w/o any chance for getting it back or any compensation (even if i never heared of anyone with a problem)

they sell crappy stuff like WarZ (but you can buy crap in any store)

for me the PRO side does outweight the cons ...

but again, up fore everyone to decide

I actually decide whether to buy something from steam or not on a case by case basis. Planetary Annihilation has it's own infrastructure, you can use steams with it but I find the steam overlay slows the game down. On the opposite side, Super Monday Night Combat, same company, worse ingame social features, Steam makes it better. Terraria and stuff tends to be well kept on Steam. Big titles that I can get standalone I prefer because patching isn't an issue. Player Content games are good on steam, unless they have their own workshop (mod managers, nexus).

Overall, I have like 50 games on my PC, and the most indie and most bigtitle ones aren't steam, while the middle ground ones are.

Planetside2, Slenderman games, PA, RPGXV, Little Fighter 2, GTA4, C&C games and OpenRA, Minecraft, all non-steam.

AVGN, SMNC, Terraria, Kerbal, Starbound, Outlast, Gary's Mod, Vector, Fallout series, all steam.