Entering bases with base defenses

twig123

Hey all,

Just wanted to start a discussion on different tactics for how to enter bases on maps that have base defenses.

Several of the tactics that I had in the Original Ren don't seem to work in RenX, so I wanted to put out feelers on new tactics for RenX.

(These exclude Harv-walking, as that still appears to work)

GDI

Field

• Old Ren - Could OB Walk every building -
    (do any of these work on RenX?)

Goldrush

• Get into HON & PP (need info)

Mesa-II

• INF can dart from wall, to the barricade by AIR, then dart into AIR or PP (once OB cools down)

Nod

Field

• If AGT is distracted, Nod INF can run from the tunnel straight to the AGT (works in RenX)

Goldrush

• Get behind PP (need info)

Mesa-II

• Old Ren - Could AGT Walk to REF (does it work in RenX?)

Contributions would be great, videos would be even better.

For Field, you can still do the Refinery. I haven't tried other buildings but I doubt it for two reasons: 1 Ob charges and fires much quicker in Renegade X, 2 The ob doesn't have as much of a dead zone (if any dead zone) at it's base.

Also, for the record, that's not "ob walking." Ob walking is a movement glitch that allows you to dodge the obelisk as it fires at you... and is usually considered cheating or exploiting. This is not possible to do in Renegade X. That video is just finding the correct cover at the correct time... so it's perfectly legit.

For Goldrush, you can get into the HoN by going from the bridge, to the rock to the tree to the Hon. I don't know how to get to the powerplant though from that postion. You can also get into the Airstrip from the bridge if you go from the bridge, to the rock, to the river to the shipping crates.

gdi can walk from behind the nod tiberiumfield to the tunnelexit at the airstrip ... through the tunnels you can reach the obelisk mct or ion the strip ... mot sure if it is possible to reach PP, could be ... from obelisk tunnelexit you might go to ref if the ob just fired, that needs luck even with teamwork

Goldrush

Playing as Nod I witnessed the OB be oblivious to several GDI inf. I wasn't lucky enough to view how they got to their locations, but I watched on hotwire run over the rocks at the very end of the Nod bridge and jump into the water...

Another time there was a Havoc running around at the back of the HON, but OB didn't shoot...

Yet another time, there was a mobius that managed to make it to the PP door by the shipping crates and the went and dove into the water... then was able swim back to the 'land bridge' between HON & PP and run back to the PP... again without being shot by OB.

Does anyone have any further info on this, or videos of these tactics?

Also, As GDI, I tried several times to go from behind the Nod tib filed to the tunnel, but OB shot me every time just before making it to the tunnel opening... I must be doing something wrong...