Blue Screen Physical Memory Death

Sammy_Bananas

I have 12gb of ram, Windows 7 ult, and a gtx 770.

The game played fine for a day, no crashes, no lag. Now its crashing my whole system every 15 minutes. I really enjoy the game so it gets quite infuriating. If its not crashing to desktop it is stuttering every few minutes or so. Even when i change the graphics to the absolute minimum, decals off and everything, it still crashes with a physical memory dump. I would love to play your game. Hell i would pay you 60 bucks for a version without this issue. Im not pointing fingers, but from my trouble shooting it seems to be a software issue.

Actually Windowed mode completely solves the memory dump error, but it still gets the udk stopped working error. Ive been trouble shooting it though, seeing what works. Disabling a dual monitor can also solve some issues, as you will unknowingly click off screen causing all kinds of bullshit and eventually a crash. This can be done right clicking your desktop and going to screen resolution, selecting the other monitor and under the multiple display tabs just hit disconnect the display. Dont even try skyping while playing the game. Raid call seems to work fine though.

Fixed my own problem...yay me.

Actually Windowed mode completely solves the memory dump error, but it still gets the udk stopped working error. Ive been trouble shooting it though, seeing what works. Disabling a dual monitor can also solve some issues, as you will unknowingly click off screen causing all kinds of bullshit and eventually a crash. This can be done right clicking your desktop and going to screen resolution, selecting the other monitor and under the multiple display tabs just hit disconnect the display. Dont even try skyping while playing the game. Raid call seems to work fine though.

Fixed my own problem...yay me.

Could you post the dump files from the blue screen crash?

Sounds like you have a hardware issue, but the dump files would help limit the issue down.

(Dump files are located at "C:\Windows\Minidump\" and also "C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP")

Doesnt make sense because i only have this problem with renegade x. Even ran in windowed with all the graphics down. Its just cause of rough code(no offence, i know i cant make a game). But the game is virtually unplayable in its current form for me. Ill just have to wait for build 3. Which is? And how would i do that exactly?

I've not received any blue screen crashes playing RenX... Yeah it will crash to desktop every once in a while, but never a BSoD. Either way, if you posted the dump files they could be debugged to give us more incite as to what the issue is.

• 2 weeks later...

There's shadow bug here that ticks me off, if you go near some particular objects shadows are slapped onto them for some reason mostly on the metal grinds and sandbags. (And I'm pretty sure it should happen to everyone) And they spin with your camera much like 2D grass sprites do.

Another problem the game will freeze sometimes so what I have to do is ctrl+alt+del out and back in and the game resumes and my character gets stuck in forward mode in that freeze.

Also crashes after map change (game is maxed out) And thanks to beta2 they also happen in-game.