CnC Fubar Server player count bug?

Goku

Joined to double check and with 7 players the server reports (using renx launcher) 32 ingame. then 7 then 32 again.

These guys seem to be faking player counts to get people to join? or Is this a RenX Beta2 Bug??

Faking player counts is disgusting and unacceptable. (if done on purpose)

That said, I won't point any finger, its likely just a bug. I did notice once (that was in Beta 1) that a server was up with 36 players according to the browser, but you couldn't get in it (as if the server was actually not there anymore and I believe that was the case).

So I would not be surprised if there's a few glitches when it comes to player counts.

but why is fubar the only one?

today again .. count was 39 online were just 3or4 and 2 bots ...

i watched it and connected 2 or 3 times in around 15 minutes

i asked if they are faking, no answer ...

after 15 minutes i managed to join the matrix server :D (crahses really take your motivation)

Seems like they did it again today and the server logs support that. As a result their server got banned from the server list. Since faking player numbers is unfair against other server owners we cant allow that. If they contact us and promise to not do it again their server will get unbanned.

They probably hosted under a different IP now. So when i get back home i will ban this new IP aswell as name ban them. They have our attention now so i dont know what they think they will accomplish with this.

Postby RypeL » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:58 pm

Seems like they did it again today and the server logs support that. As a result their server got banned from the server list. Since faking player numbers is unfair against other server owners we cant allow that. If they contact us and promise to not do it again their server will get unbanned.

hi im host of this server, sorry for the spoofing defo wont happen again. have removed the set players option from control panel and added true player stats to the server name.

i haven't changed ip or anything it seems the ban is just for browser2.jsp renx launcher the browser.jsp for ingame menu still lists server.