Any plans to port the old unrules map pack ?

Just wondering if there were any plans to attempt to port maps over from the famous UN-rules pack last time i checked it was one of the largest and most comprehensive collections of custom maps for the original renegade game and i believe it would be a major disservice to the community not to try porting them. the massive variety of maps that the servers of old had was one of the reasons the game lasted as long as it did. I do strongly disagree with the Dev teams position on not releasing a map editor especially since the game is unreal based it would not be that difficult as the mapping processes for the engine are already well documented.

The thing is, there is no "porting" of maps. There is making maps from scratch. If you're interested in a remake, it has to be remade from the ground up... which could take months... per map.

Like Goz said, you could totally try to recreate some yourself if mod tools come out... but I wouldn't get your hopes up for any specific remakes.

No, you can definitely "port" them over if you take the W3D and import it into Max, and kick that out into different sections for UDK as ASCII or FBX files. If you want them to actually look next-gen, though, you'd have to do a fuckton of work to fix up all of the shitty graphics commonly found in old Renegade "map packs". If you don't care about graphics at all, you could conceivably just port them over, but that would still take quite a bit of time.

The thing is, there is no "porting" of maps. There is making maps from scratch. If you're interested in a remake, it has to be remade from the ground up...
Well it's a good thing I'll be around for a while! This is one thing I have no problem being patient for, the maps thusfar have been very enjoyable.

No, you can definitely "port" them over if you take the W3D and import it into Max, and kick that out into different sections for UDK as ASCII or FBX files. If you want them to actually look next-gen, though, you'd have to do a fuckton of work to fix up all of the shitty graphics commonly found in old Renegade "map packs". If you don't care about graphics at all, you could conceivably just port them over, but that would still take quite a bit of time.

Oh no... why did you tell everyone this? Now the maps that everyone and their dog made (especially those of a certain low quality) will be ported to Renegade X.

Oh no... why did you tell everyone this? Now the maps that everyone and their dog made (especially those of a certain low quality) will be ported to Renegade X.

Lmao, but we would still have more maps