Can't Log in to any Servers

ALTEREGO

• 8 years later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
4 hours ago, ALTEREGO said:

Can't download it, says it's a malicious file

If you want to play, you must download the new launcher. Our old launcher is deprecated and is no longer supported. We are aware that browsers and Windows may trigger warnings because the file is new and hasn't been seen on a lot of devices. Feel free to upload it to a website such as https://virustotal.com to check it yourself.

• Totem Arts Staff

Apologies about that, we've had to change nearly everything with Renegade X on the backend due to malicious actors. Best to reach us through Discord. but if you can't; just ignore the warnings about the launcher being a virus. We pushed the launcher code through quickly, so anti-virus providers haven't updated their databases yet

Hello, I'm new to the game (well, new to the remake. Old renegade player however). I guess I have a similar issue. Can't get the launcher to join a server. After hitting the "join server" button the launcher just minimizes and pops back again.
Have search this forum for a few days now but can't find a solution.

Launcher has been installed to a custom folder I'm sure where permissions aren't an issue
Tried disabling the firewall. No changes

We're holding a LAN-party on campus next week. I was hoping to set up a Renegade-X server there. Had great fun back when the Ren community was still vibrant so I hope to bring part of that fun to the event next week

Edited by x0backslash0x

Awesome, thanks. Maybe untill that time it would help new players include that note on the dl page for the launcher?

The description for the redistributable covers that well. To be honest I didn't give the redist much attention at first because I thought
it would be required only for when you're going to do dev stuff with the game.

• Totem Arts Staff
On 2/4/2023 at 11:55 AM, x0backslash0x said:

Awesome, thanks. Maybe untill that time it would help new players include that note on the dl page for the launcher?

The description for the redistributable covers that well. To be honest I didn't give the redist much attention at first because I thought
it would be required only for when you're going to do dev stuff with the game.

We are expecting the update will rollout soon for the launcher

• Thanks 1