Lakeside - Scary Tiberium Rock

Bananas

On Lakeside there is a rock by Nod's silo that will give you a tiberium plague. If you step in the right spot, you'll take tiberium damage until you die. I stepped in it with a 1k character and took 250 hp worth of damage. Terrifying.

If I stepped in the actual tiberium by the rock, it seemed to replace the plague with the normal damage over time. I didn't check any other rocks or places on the map for the same effect.

The plague can be found by stepping in the tiny crevice of this rock.

VUO2ewb.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Confirmed. I was confused since the rock was too tall from where the actual tiberium were. This happens in Beta 3

On the other hand, even if you directly touch the large tiberium in the cave that connects the forest with the vehicle path, you will be completely fine, save the enemy shots. That doesn't really make sense at all

It is because, the Tiberium their was not coded to do actual damage to infantry, because it is not accessible. But they should add the realism of Tiberium poison even if they are off the map or not reachable. Just to add up that, hey you blow up your Orca and you were near the Tiberium mountain time to get infected with Tiberium, cause it is funny once When my Orca blows up I was a havoc and were stuck their and I started sniping people without the fear of Tiberium poison killing me.

• Totem Arts Staff

My theory is the usage of volume entering function. Most damages are like that

If so, The question is why the large tiberium crystal inside the cave don't have volume, and can the volume around that supposedly harmless rock be moved a bit lower

edit : fixing oversight

• Totem Arts Staff

BTW

Just to add up that, hey you blow up your Orca and you were near the Tiberium mountain time to get infected with Tiberium, cause it is funny once When my Orca blows up I was a havoc and were stuck their and I started sniping people without the fear of Tiberium poison killing me.

I assume this is one of the Tiberium that you're referring to? I got there by parking my Chinook on the unreachable mountain (except by aircraft). You know, unless this is just a regular emerald randomly poking out, I should be a mutant by then

2qmpv2x.jpg

PRAISE KANE! (lol)