Favorite Renegade X Moment?

Terekhov

I'm curious to see what you guys had the most fun doing so far!

For me, it actually happened last night. My team was trying to kill Nod's refinery on Walls Flying, but having a hard time of it because they were defending pretty well. AOW server, so we had to do something or lose by points. However, one of our guys got an sbh crate, and the fun began:

We were already dominating the mesa with snipers, so I parachuted back to base as deadeye to get an airstrike, and our sbh got an ion. One guy tried to nuke the top of ref (fail), but I told the sbh to place his nuke on the top of the ref ramp while me and a couple other snipers covered it. Result? Flawless.

I airstriked about 5s after he planted, which only scared away a few (no kills), and we successfully covered it with a combination of an orca and 3 snipers. Getting so many different elements (sbh + orca + snipers + airstrike) to work together in solving a difficult situation made that easily the most satisfying moment for me so far.

You?

My favorite moment thus far was probably when the first time I booted up RenX. I entered a terminal and it was all coming back. I picked an Engineer and ran outside of the WF. Walls Flying...all upgraded, freshened up and clean. No particular fight sequence...just the fact that Ren was back and in a new version.

I'm with Boinkness. I'm just glad to be back in the game. Thanks a bunch to the devs for making this happen!

I would say my favorite moments have been stealing vehicles. Fresh player base that doesn't properly fear SBHs...I haven't stolen this many vehicles since the early days of Ren. Real simple folks: DON'T EVER GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE. It's better to lose it than give it to the other team. I stole 3 tanks in one game earlier today.

Not going to lie, the first time I heard that menu music crankin', I was pretty damn excited. The whole "It's back!" feeling has gotta be up there, you're right.

I'm with Boinkness. I'm just glad to be back in the game. Thanks a bunch to the devs for making this happen!

I would say my favorite moments have been stealing vehicles. Fresh player base that doesn't properly fear SBHs...I haven't stolen this many vehicles since the early days of Ren. Real simple folks: DON'T EVER GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE. It's better to lose it than give it to the other team. I stole 3 tanks in one game earlier today.

The new players are so much fun to mess with! One of the first weeks it was out, ANTSANTS and I had a vehicle-stealing competition on Field marathon that went into the dozens. Good times. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Rushing the GDI base with Stanks. In my opinion, much like Mammys, I think everyone over uses Flame Tanks and I'm sure that's what the opposition expects. The last thing GDI expected was to be rushed with a bunch of Stanks. It seems many of the GDI team didn't notice us as we crept towards their base and we caught them off guard.

My other favourite moments has to be stealing enemy tanks. There is nothing better than waiting for someone to jump out to repair and then making off with their Mammy, Med Tank or MRLS, such a rush and it has comedic value as well.

Seeing the enemy standing there without their vehicle and knowing that the other team members will get annoyed at losing a powerful Mammy. Vehicle stealing is the best!

Stank rushes can be easily the most effective in the game when done right.

The awesome moments keep piling on - last Friday, my team on TheMatrixRen was trying to close out a game of Field vs GDI, and they had no WF/AGT. We tried a couple rushes and failed, so we did an APC rush with 9 APCs. Yes, *9 APCS*. It was hilariously absurd, and it also worked. Booyah.