LADDER SYSTEM

MN-Cody

I was wondering how is the ladder system configured? It looks like its basically just how many points you score. So basically if you point-whore or play a ton of games...youll be ranked high. REGARDLESS if you win or lose...you get points added to your ranking.

Are you guys going to use the old Renegade ladder system? Where if you lose...you lose ladder points...and if you win...you gain points. I just think the current ladder system is kind of a flop...was wondering what the future plans are?

Thanks!

The total points mean nothing, the #1 ranked player admitted he got a lot of points from 1v1 games.

I don't believe in losing ladder points if you're on the losing team, this will just encourage people to swap teams in the middle of a game.

To better the ranking system, they need to adjust for the length of the game so people who play marathons don't get screwed, and the number of players, so you can't just abuse small matches, 1v1s, or bot games.

It should be like the old renegade. If he is playing 1vs1's...he should only get like 1 ladder point for a win. On a big map, with lots of players...he could get a lot of ladder points. I think they should remove the switch team option. And if you want to switch teams...it can only be within the first minute of the game to eliminate the above issue you mentioned. I loved the Renegade ranking system back in the day. It's one of the reasons why I played the game for so long. I love this new game...but the ranking system sucks.

The total points mean nothing, the #1 ranked player admitted he got a lot of points from 1v1 games.

I don't believe in losing ladder points if you're on the losing team, this will just encourage people to swap teams in the middle of a game.

To better the ranking system, they need to adjust for the length of the game so people who play marathons don't get screwed, and the number of players, so you can't just abuse small matches, 1v1s, or bot games.

This, and also use a composite score (k/d, buildings killed, perhaps including teamplay elements if possible, and of course total points) so that people who do nothing but snipe/camp don't get rewarded for uselessness to their team.

I personally dont think that "bigger games" should give more points. 1v1 is an exception there you shouldnt win the same amount of points as in another game but I dont like 32vs32 games (if they return to RenX) its too crowded for what a Renegade map is made for. You cant go anywhere (and if your team dont help is worst) and the map is always with 7 - 12 tanks of each team. 20vs20 is acceptable but still a bit crowded for some maps like field, walls or islands. Little maps. I personally love the 12vs12 or 16vs16 games, not because I'm noob or dont know how to play just because i think the game wasnt made for that big amount (sneak in base is pretty impossible and the game gets boring with the time) and because of that i dont want to get less points than a player who plays in a 64 player server. The time of the game could affect the points but not the amount of players.