Field: to easy for Nod to activate beacons

Darkraptor

Well, i dont know if there's still another topic which the same content, but i tested it today for myself.

And i notice that on field GDI has a big disadvantage. Nod can easly sneak into the GDI by the rear tunnel and can place two beacons. One at the refinery and the other next to the barracks. Bummm. Nod can take out two buildings. And the Advance Guard Tower? Shoots a little bit which his machines guns. But isnt a real threat.

One the other Site: when you try to enter the Nod-base as a GDI-player you have to be very quick and concentrated not to get toasted by the obselisk. And when you get behind the second rock at the Nod rear, you are only near enough to kill the refinery with the ionencannon.

Theres is one simple solution to this problem: install a guard tower in the middle of the GDI-base.

I mean the little wooden guard tower which just the machine gun.

GDI can just run in any building the obelisk will only shoot 1 time letting the others just run in. All the years I have played renegade very rarely I saw players realising this disadvantage of the obelisk. The agt on the other hand kills infantry pretty fast and with splash.

GDI already wins most matches on Field (from my experience) and you want to make it HARDER for Nod to win?

In all the games I've played on Field (on both Renegade and Renegade X) I've never felt that was an issue for GDI nor have I seen anyone really complain about it.

As IMBALISK said, you can easily get past the Obelisk with more than one player. You can get to the Refinery, Hand of Nod, or Obelisk this way.

Going to the wall at the airstrip is like a walk in the park tbh ...

i do not see any difference for the two beaconspots on each side ...

and like said b4, with two units you can easy enter the nod ref ...

i do not know how much you need to get to belisk, but i saw that happen too (think 3 must be enough)

I still would like to see changes in field ... like this:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=73073

GDI can just run in any building the obelisk will only shoot 1 time letting the others just run in. All the years I have played renegade very rarely I saw players realising this disadvantage of the obelisk. The agt on the other hand kills infantry pretty fast and with splash.

I've never seen this in the original either, I'm fairly certain the old obelisk did splash damage.

Plus, sprinting just makes it a lot easier to juke the obby.

Nod does not need any more nerfs on Field. Arty nerf made it pretty much impossible to control the center. Tunnels is the only way they stand a chance.

Arty nerf made it pretty much impossible to control the center. Tunnels is the only way they stand a chance.

The arty has not been nerfed. Have you been using at all? Especially since the new patch, it's pretty much a point and clicker again.

Edited by Guest

I've never seen this in the original either, I'm fairly certain the old obelisk did splash damage.

Plus, sprinting just makes it a lot easier to juke the obby.

Nod does not need any more nerfs on Field. Arty nerf made it pretty much impossible to control the center. Tunnels is the only way they stand a chance.

Nope. In old Rene GDI could very easily take out several buildings if Nod was not paying attention and was Arty whoring out in the Field. Hell that was pretty much the ONLY way for GDI to win Field back in the day if Nod had control of the middle. Nuke the Ref and/or Strip, Profit. We didnt have fancy Airstrikes and shit.

Arty nerf made it pretty much impossible to control the center. Tunnels is the only way they stand a chance.

The arty has not been nerfed. Have you been using at all? Especially since the new patch, it's pretty much a point and clicker again.

That is something I never wrote. Fake quote lol

As for the topic at hand: learn to mine.

Unfortunately. Just like the bullet spread change from Ren -> RenX, the advantages of skill keep getting reduced...I'm all for accessibility, but it's getting rather annoying. Let people who've worked to be good at certain things reap the benefits. I would pay $100 extra for an arty if I could have the greater arc back.