Client Freezing

Chrifister

About once every 5 games or so, I'm getting these freezes that last between 5 to 20 seconds. The client just locks up, no sound or movement. Then it unfreezes and the game catches up with everyone else. The last time it froze I was in an arty and was retreating to heal when the game froze. 20 seconds later and I'm 150 feet or so from where I froze. Not sure if it was because I was holding the back button for a while or if my arty drove back because the back button was being pressed when the freeze happened.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Also, did have a weird model glitch on Islands. Had an extra set of gray arms and legs coming out of my back.

Logs.zip

This freezing is making the game unplayable. Just played a match on Walls_Flying and froze three times. First time was in an arty on the ramp on the left side of our wall. Was retreating to heal and only drove a few feet and it froze. Counted to 20 and it unfroze and my arty blows up. Turned to run and my guy melts through the ground and the game starts spinning for a few seconds and it says I'm dead.

Buy another arty, same spot, retreated to heal by the airstrip building and it froze again for roughly 20 seconds.

Few minutes later I'm in a light tank firing at a mammy and others outside our entrance and it freezes again. 20 seconds later it's unfrozen, the mammy blows up, and I'm at half health by the airstrip building with orcas flying around.

Three times in a few minutes is too much.

• 2 weeks later...

This appears to still be happening... most notably on Walls_Flying. On my end, the freezes seem to coincide with things (vehicles) exploding. Mine use to freeze and then resume like you mentioned, but recently it has just been freezing and then booting me to the main menu.

Devs need to take a look into this and hopefully get a patch out soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Same shit happens to me too, do you guys have geforce cards? Or win 7 with all updates???

Freezes happen to me too from time to time. Not so often as described above though, but I do recognize it.

Intel i7; 4 CPU's (task manager shows 8)

16GB RAM

GeForce 660 GTX

Windows 7 64bit, SP1 fully updated (every day on system startup)

In 1 occasion the freeze lasted 10 seconds or so while I was driving my artillery backwards. When the game unfroze, I was driving into the water (on Islands in Nod base)

Other times a freeze happens on Walls: flying whilst in GDI baracks as a GDI soldier.

I always tend to think the game is going to crash and boot me to my desktop, as soon as the freeze happens, I stop moving and do not push any buttons. Sometimes it throws me to desktop, other times after 5-10 seconds it's fine again.

Maybe they are related and in cases of a freeze, the game regains itself

• 2 weeks later...
This appears to still be happening... most notably on Walls_Flying. On my end, the freezes seem to coincide with things (vehicles) exploding. Mine use to freeze and then resume like you mentioned, but recently it has just been freezing and then booting me to the main menu.

Devs need to take a look into this and hopefully get a patch out soon.

You're actually right, this happens a lot more on walls than anywhere else. Mine just does it randomly though, explosions don't make a difference.

i5-4670 @ 3.4Ghz

16GB RAM

nVidia GeForce 770 GTX+