wow... just.. wow

ren9999

That kind of memory usage is normal for most modern games.

battlefield 4 used less memory and cpu power

COD Ghosts used less memory and cpu power

world of tanks uses less than half the memory and cpu power

This is a problem? Shit, my copy of Opera (web browser) is using 1.5 GB of my 16 GBs of RAM right now - mostly because I have 62 tabs open.

with google chrome i can have 200+ tabs open and STILL use less memory than renX even if im playing more than 2 browser games simultaneously at the same time

my specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550

GPU: EVGA GeForce GT 620 1024MB

RAM: 4x 2gb dimm 240 pin 800 mhz (its all dual channel and ddr2)

Hard Drive: 2 TB

This is a problem? Shit, my copy of Opera (web browser) is using 1.5 GB of my 16 GBs of RAM right now - mostly because I have 62 tabs open.

with google chrome i can have 200+ tabs open and STILL use less memory than renX even if im playing more than 2 browser games simultaneously at the same time

my specs:

I'd recommend investing in a processor made in the last 6 (rather than 7) years (preferably one that will support DDR3). Or are you waiting for DDR4 to roll-out?

my specs:

I'd recommend investing in a processor made in the last 6 (rather than 7) years (preferably one that will support DDR3). Or are you waiting for DDR4 to roll-out?

ddr4's been out for two years pal.

my specs:

while the motherboard would support a quad core, to upgrade my cpu means i have to pay VERY close attension to the EXACT dimensions of the cooling system, and that i have to get a third party cooling system for the cpu. to be able to try and use the cooling system that would come with the cpu i would have to HEAVILY case mod the machine (remove and reposition the cd drive and hard drive slots to outside the case and likely cut a hole in the lid of the case aswell.

thats why im planning on build a new pc soon.

the current one is a DC7800 from HP with the specs i posted above... such puny 240W PSU :(

and there is only one possible replacement for the psu on the entire internet (i spent 2 months looking) and even that isnt a garunteed fit. as the psu for the DC7800 was made only for the DC7800 (aka it is proprietary to the case, its the same with the cpu cooling system)

TL:DR upgrading the current pc any further would be more of a headache than any sane person would go through.

this is what my build will be:

Case: roswill challenger u3

CPU: intel core i7-4771

Motherboard: ASRock B85 Pro4

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb ddr3 1333

Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB

Optical drive: going to reuse my cd/dvd writing drive

Hard drive: re using my 2 TB drive

CPU cooler: intel stock cooler (because i shoulnt even NEED to overclock the cpu)

Power supply: thermaltake TR2 600W (or a better 600W PSU if i can find one)

OS windows 7 64 bit OEM (cuz fuck win8)

while the motherboard would support a quad core, to upgrade my cpu means i have to pay VERY close attension to the EXACT dimensions of the cooling system, and that i have to get a third party cooling system for the cpu. to be able to try and use the cooling system that would come with the cpu i would have to HEAVILY case mod the machine (remove and reposition the cd drive and hard drive slots to outside the case and likely cut a hole in the lid of the case aswell.

thats why im planning on build a new pc soon.

the current one is a DC7800 from HP with the specs i posted above... such puny 240W PSU :(

and there is only one possible replacement for the psu on the entire internet (i spent 2 months looking) and even that isnt a garunteed fit. as the psu for the DC7800 was made only for the DC7800 (aka it is proprietary to the case, its the same with the cpu cooling system)

TL:DR upgrading the current pc any further would be more of a headache than any sane person would go through.

this is what my build will be:

Case: roswill challenger u3

CPU: intel core i7-4771

Motherboard: ASRock B85 Pro4

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb ddr3 1333

Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB

Optical drive: going to reuse my cd/dvd writing drive

Hard drive: re using my 2 TB drive

CPU cooler: intel stock cooler (because i shoulnt even NEED to overclock the cpu)

Power supply: thermaltake TR2 600W (or a better 600W PSU if i can find one)

OS windows 7 64 bit OEM (cuz fuck win8)

While you said you don't plan on overclocking, I would still go for a third party CPU cooler as the Stock Intel one is HORRIBLE at cooling.

Something like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO would be good, I own it and it brought idle temps down to mid 30s to 40C while the Intel Stock cooler idle temps were mid 60s to 70C (load temps with the EVO 212 rarely go over 65C). Look around at other third party coolers if you don't like the 212 EVO, I would highly recommend using a third party cooler over the Intel one.

Just thought I'd throw my two cents about that in (couldn't resist).

• 1 month later...

While you said you don't plan on overclocking, I would still go for a third party CPU cooler as the Stock Intel one is HORRIBLE at cooling.

Something like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO would be good, I own it and it brought idle temps down to mid 30s to 40C while the Intel Stock cooler idle temps were mid 60s to 70C (load temps with the EVO 212 rarely go over 65C). Look around at other third party coolers if you don't like the 212 EVO, I would highly recommend using a third party cooler over the Intel one.

Just thought I'd throw my two cents about that in (couldn't resist).

the evo is not compatible with the cpu socket. my cpu socket is LGA 1150 which is not supported by that cooler.