The never-ending game

Asahammer

I've noticed a tendency of Renegade X games to be unresolvable many times. Things seem to turn out one of two ways: Either one team gains a decisive advantage early on and there is nothing the other team can do to turn back the enemy's inevitable win, or both teams are able to replace their front lines as fast as the enemy can destroy them. I just got off a server after playing for what must have been at least an hour doing the exact same thing the whole time. The front never changed, nor did it move. The exact same fight, in the exact same spot, on and on and ON AND ON with no end.

Something has got to be done to change that. I really don't know what, but maybe people here who know more about game design and balance can think of something. This makes the gameplay go stale very fast.

-Asahammer

thats public gaming...

i remember in classic renegade you had the same problem...

BUT if you got a few regulars on the server they can develop new strategies

and win even if they lost infantery and vehicle against a full base team ...

people need to adapt on the gameplay a little more ...

even if its an arcade shooter, sometimes you need more than just running and shooting

how you describe it, it sounds like you never gathered more than 3 or 4 people to try something different together

how you describe it, it sounds like you never gathered more than 3 or 4 people to try something different together

It's also a fact of public gaming that the masses are asses. Most players are pretty petty and don't want to work as a team. Even if they did, it's very hard to remember to read the TINY little text-chat. If we want to have teamwork, we really need VoIP in this game. It's harder by a lot to ignore someone talking in your ear than a little piece of text in the corner of your screen.

I like the idea about respawn timers. But then, too: In the game I played, the front was right in front of our base. Any attempt at slowing down the replacement of our forces would have resulted in our immediate destruction, and since the maps are relatively small, that's probably true in most cases. I think we have to find a different, more inventive solution than simply slowing down the rate at which a team can replace its battlefront.

-Asahammer