Timed C4 on Player

Truxa

Hi!

I just want to bring something to the developpers attention which is quite important in my opinion.

Just a few days ago, when I was playing on the "Walls" map as a Havoc on top of the middle section, sniping into the NOD base.

We've destroyed the Hand of NOD so this was pretty easy as there were no counter snipers to speak of. Yet, in my carelesness, there were still a few SBHs running about, one of them with me on top of the middle section.

He was able to put a timed C4 on my back, I noticed it and killed the poor bugger.

But the following is the most important part!

As I've killed the dude within 10 seconds, I had 20 seconds to spare to run back to base and enter a vehicle (sorry teammate) before thee timed C4 exploded. Whilst in the tank, it exploded only to damage the tank and not myself.

While this is a pretty neat way of countering that sort of SBH behaviour, it should not be possible for me not to die.

So, here's what I would think of:

Is there a way for a player to die IN a tank, lets say, the occupants taking damage whilst driving the vehicle.

This would allow for the characters to die of a timed C4 planted on a player entering a vehicle, but also taking small amounts of damage from outside sources of damage.

I think there should be some sort of script added, where you cannot enter a vehicle when attached with c4. Thus, your enter button doesn't work and you die.

What an awful suggestion...

It's sort of a bug not to die with c4 attached to you. Either disarmed legit or explode, don't jypse the game by getting in a tank and, because the game isn't real life, the c4 doesn't explode inside the vehicle and liquidize everything within. It's sort of exploiting the fact the video game doesn't let the c4 just follow you inside.

If they could script it, more difficultly, they should make it where it somehow clings to your character model even inside of the vehicle, lets it kill you inside the vehicle while vehicle takes no damage, and your death vacants that seat in vehicle. Sort of more like real life, blended with the fact friendly fire don't work here.

I think there should be some sort of script added, where you cannot enter a vehicle when attached with c4. Thus, your enter button doesn't work and you die.

What an awful suggestion...

It's sort of a bug not to die with c4 attached to you. Either disarmed legit or explode, don't jypse the game by getting in a tank and, because the game isn't real life, the c4 doesn't explode inside the vehicle and liquidize everything within. It's sort of exploiting the fact the video game doesn't let the c4 just follow you inside.

If they could script it, more difficultly, they should make it where it somehow clings to your character model even inside of the vehicle, lets it kill you inside the vehicle while vehicle takes no damage, and your death vacants that seat in vehicle. Sort of more like real life, blended with the fact friendly fire don't work here.

Technically, it is not friendly fire as the opposing team puts a timed C4 on the player. Similar to when I run towards a techy/hotty/engineer with timed C4 on my ass and it explodes in our faces, the C4 owner gets 2 (or more) kills

So I think that all the tanks occupants should die and the tank, being destroyed from within as there is no armor plating inside

So I think that all the tanks occupants should die and the tank, being destroyed from within as there is no armor plating inside

Get a friend to join GDI with a throwaway account.

Join Nod.

Place c4 on them repeatedly.

They repeatedly run over to their teammate's vehicles to clear them for you.

Profit via Teamtrolling. Being able to bomb-deliver and get teammates killed completely intentionally if desired, shouldn't be allowed. If it is, it will quickly become a rule in Jelly and people not knowing they were attached would be accused and kicked from game.

none of this thread shows ANY sort of design flaw. You can teamtroll on any server on any game, its not something you can just stop, its not that powerful either, placing c4 on people is epic, I remember in the original game placing c4 on a havoc returning to base, he ran into the guard tower where there was about 5-7 hotwires repairing the guard tower as my entire team was besieging it. everyone died inside and it got destroyed moments later, I literally won the game with one lucky ass c4 and random enemy player not knowing it was on his back. Oh the memories I have growing up with the original, please for God's Sake DONT CHANGE ANY DESIGN, INCLUDING ANYTHING TODO WITH C4.

Sometimes in Ren I liked to place a timed C4 on an ally. Then they would follow me around and I would try to run away from them because when the C4 explodes I'd get killed. :D

Almost same happened to me once, although i accidentally put a timed C4 on this dude's back to deter incoming enemies (was meand for the ground only) he noticed it and followed me around to get me killed.

He found it funny I did not, and found it to be team hampering. He got banned for a day, next day he appologized.

Happened on old ren tho

Sometimes in Ren I liked to place a timed C4 on an ally. Then they would follow me around and I would try to run away from them because when the C4 explodes I'd get killed. :D

Almost same happened to me once, although i accidentally put a timed C4 on this dude's back to deter incoming enemies (was meand for the ground only) he noticed it and followed me around to get me killed.

He found it funny I did not, and found it to be team hampering. He got banned for a day, next day he appologized.

Happened on old ren tho

That's not team hampering... In fact, I'd put more of the blame on you more than him. You used his body, without his consent, to carry out a task you yourself could have done. Just because it was your C4 doesn't give you the right to control him and his actions. And then he got banned? You're the one who should have apologized, not him. He did nothing wrong.

imo it's lame to ruin the game for others, he ruins mine, i ruin his. eye for an eye

That's kind of a douche thing to say considering that your version of the game focused on the notion of forcefully using his character as a pawn to forward your own goal.

I'm sorry. I don't like being hostile like that. But what you did was just not right.

Happened on old ren tho

That's not team hampering... In fact, I'd put more of the blame on you more than him. You used his body, without his consent, to carry out a task you yourself could have done. Just because it was your C4 doesn't give you the right to control him and his actions. And then he got banned? You're the one who should have apologized, not him. He did nothing wrong.

imo it's lame to ruin the game for others, he ruins mine, i ruin his. eye for an eye

That's kind of a douche thing to say considering that your version of the game focused on the notion of forcefully using his character as a pawn to forward your own goal.

I'm sorry. I don't like being hostile like that. But what you did was just not right.

You seem to casually forget the word I've used: "ACCIDENTALLY"

I didn't forget... I actually didn't notice you said that. But that kind of makes it worse... doesn't it? So you didn't intentionally use him as a pawn... but you got him banned because of your own carelessness.

The thing is, if a friendly puts C4 on me, unless they specifically talk to me about a C4 tactic, I'll stay with them until it kills them because I consider them to be the one team hampering. (ie hogging a spot on our team from another player who could potentially join and be of some help). Causing them to suicide could frustrate them and make them leave the match to open up said spot.

Plus there is no way to validate how accidental the placement actually was. Even if it genuinely was an accident, it sucks and I feel bad for what happened, I still don't think he was team hampering.

Happened on old ren tho

You seem to casually forget the word I've used: "ACCIDENTALLY"

...first: how should that poor guy know you put it on him ACCIDENTALLY? second: its a fucking game man, meant to have fun there. if you dont have an important char like sbh spy or so who the fuck cares. let him have the fun and rebuy a character -.-. and that you banned him for this little shit... i for myself would never come back to that server... something like that just sucks and destroys everything. and you should be really thankful that he even apologized for his "failure" (wich was YOUR failure). damn i would be angry when i get banned for this...

to the timed c4: i hate that i cant just throw away that stupid timed c4 when i got timed...

Right right, I get it ... I'm the badguy all of the sudden ... I just don't like the fact he got me killed, thats all

anyway, you can turn your timed C4 in for a couple hand grenades in Ren X. Only hotty and techy can't do that, other chars can

of course you are the bad guy now.

and no i didnt mean to change my own timed to grenades. i mean when i get attacked by the enemy with a timed and its sticking at my own body, why the fuck cant i just take it and throw it away? its kinda annoying...

Right right, I get it ... I'm the badguy all of the sudden ... I just don't like the fact he got me killed, thats all

anyway, you can turn your timed C4 in for a couple hand grenades in Ren X. Only hotty and techy can't do that, other chars can

of course you are the bad guy now.

and no i didnt mean to change my own timed to grenades. i mean when i get attacked by the enemy with a timed and its sticking at my own body, why the fuck cant i just take it and throw it away? its kinda annoying...

Hospitals around the world are now using repair guns to heal the sick, handicapped, and wounded.