turn off Map voting killing the servers walls is none stop

rytlock

hmm i know you guys just gave us the beta 2 update but non stop walls is killing us bloody noobs vote none stop of it admins for servers should allow you to turn off the map voting system

Edited by Guest

there will be no custom maps untill gold release they told us ...

so there might be 1 more map but i guess not maps

and i agree ... map voting needs to be modified ...

so that if you played one map you can not vote this map to be the next map ...

or better, you can not vote the map for the next 2 votes ...

and maybe make it that a vote only counts if at least 35% voted for a certain map

there will be no custom maps untill gold release they told us ...

so there might be 1 more map but i guess not maps

and i agree ... map voting needs to be modified ...

so that if you played one map you can not vote this map to be the next map ...

or better, you can not vote the map for the next 2 votes ...

and maybe make it that a vote only counts if at least 35% voted for a certain map

yep that would be better can't play the same map for untell 3 other maps have been played

I always thought voting should be more complex yet wholesome. I wouldn't advocate the extra work if not it worth it.

It should allow voting of all maps, including the last one played but only re-votable once, and then it is not votable again for 2 more maps. Or, make it require a 2/3rd vote to replay the last played map and 1/2 vote to replay the one before that, that way if less than half vote even if it was most voted or if people didn't vote at all, it won't choose it.

Something needs to be done in my opinion, to make it somehow, where the last 3 maps played can't be so easily replayed. Still possible, just not so easy, like a weighted vote or removing them from vote for 3 rotations.

I had another suggestion once regarding voting.

-A map needs to have at least 3 votes for it to be considered. If all maps only have 2 votes, the next map would be selected randomly or by rotation.

-Maps that were recently played would be given negative votes by default. So the map that was just played would start with -2 votes. The last map would start with -1 votes and everything else would start with 0 votes. That way, 5 people would need to vote for the map they just played just for it to be considered... and that's not even taking the other votes into consideration.

Server owners can't set it by default or force-select next map? I thought I seen it happen before via someone on IRC?

Anyway, I like Razor's suggestion about recent maps getting negative votes, although I would say -4 for last map and -2 for one before that. It really should be an overwhelming majority to get it done.

I however don't see the problem with good maps being chosen. Did anyone have a problem with 1-2 years straight of 2fort? I played 2fort and dustbowl for the better part of a year without complaint, I even played it on vanilla xbox teamfort2.

I still think that 3 votes should only be enough if it represents at least 35% of the server ...

if no map got at least 35%, the server cycle to the next map in rotation.

if 2 maps got the same % on the vote, and are over 35%, it will decide random for 1 of the 2.

and, ofcourse, the recently finished map can not be voted for an other 2 votes

I had another suggestion once regarding voting.

-A map needs to have at least 3 votes for it to be considered. If all maps only have 2 votes, the next map would be selected randomly or by rotation.

-Maps that were recently played would be given negative votes by default. So the map that was just played would start with -2 votes. The last map would start with -1 votes and everything else would start with 0 votes. That way, 5 people would need to vote for the map they just played just for it to be considered... and that's not even taking the other votes into consideration.

+1 - The negative amount should be based on the total number of players though, not a static number.
The map voting shit is retarded. I'm sick of people voting for Walls_Flying every time. I want to be able to have the option server side to disable it and just use a rotation.
Seriously. Just let the server owners have the option so they can do whatever they want with it. Would help people sort which server they want to be a part of.

I played on TheMatrixRen yesterday because it's 1) AOW and 2) Has a 40-mine limit (someone's thinking), and quite enjoyed myself (it was also ~36 players the whole time). Generally there's 3 full servers going at a time during prime hours, and that's just in beta right now, while a large number of players are not playing and waiting for all the fixes before they try again.