Flame Tank is awesome at killing Mammoth Tanks?!

Alex89

1. Westwood Studios.

2. There was a sniper in Tiberian Dawn, and he was a hero character.

He was simply called "Commando". Renegade gave him a personality (Havoc).

3. Technicians were in TD, they were just useless civilians instead of advanced engineers.

Ws... of course westwood studios... sry forgot about it.

the commando... i dont know if he really used a sniper in tiberian dawn. i always thought he used a silenced pistol. anyways he wasnt buyable ^^. in red alert Tanja used 2 magnums e.g. .

those civilians or useless techs you were calling them didnt repair a single shit lol, so you cant really compare it to the great techs in renegade...

in red alert we had at least a technician, a tanktech and a medic, so maybe we should use the comparison from red alert... but the dog is missing :/.

Renegade takes place in the Tiberium universe, nod (haha see what i die there?) in Red Alert. There is no comparrison, IT would be a completely different game then.

I agree that dropping equipment ruines the classes idea. But can perhaps be implemented in another gamemode? That would be cool, kill someone and take their equipment. But this works if the classes are all free

But on topic: Flame tank is fine as it is, could use some downgrades but i think that the mammoth should be looked at first.

keep in mind: i just talked about the characters between those games not the game itself. we have a sbh that doesnt fit in the normal tiberian dawn but a mendoza / mobius that looks similar to the tesla trooper. and real snipers were only used at red alert 2 (britains and yuri). pic can be compared with the shock trooper or the railgun of the mammothtank (and for rave can be compared with the laser cannons of nod) in c&c 3 tib wars which was made some years later. rocketsoldiers were only used by nod, gdi never had em. in RA both sides were able to purchase em (only in skirmish mode however). so therefore i think they might used the ideas of both games to fill renegade with various characters.

by the way tiberian dawn and red alert arent that different at all. just look at the vehicles, so no it wouldnt be that much of a different game. . there are even mods out there that mixed both games together xD ( i guess itsa called red dawn or so).

but lets go back to the flamerstuff: flameinfantry needs a buff, flametank needs a little buff against infantry (same goes to stealthtank) and the mammothtank needs to have a more resistant armor.

As was already said here, in Renegade flame tanks could be pretty effective against mammoth tanks. They'd probably lose the battle but it'd be close.

The interesting thing about mammy behavior (true of MRLs too, but less so in RenX) is that they are not able to hit things right in front of them. There's a certain amount of throw-space required before a bullet or rocket is able to make contact with an enemy.

This is why my strategy for mammoth tanks is to sneak an engineer or flamethrower soldier right up next to them (easy to sneak up on, the tank is so big that the driver can generally not see the entire bounds of the tank), c4 and start spraying. It's hilarious to watch these giant tanks react and not be able to do anything about it other than fire aimlessly and try to run you over.

But with flame tanks it's a similar predicament, since flamers need to be right up on a tank to inflict damage, they benefit from the reduced splash damage of the minimum range of the mammy's cannon. Certain angles are better than others, but you get the point.