Vehicles driving underneath other vehicles

sterps

Hi guys,

I'm sure you're already aware of this issue, but people seem to be exploiting this issue now.

On a few occasions i've found when i've been either a Medium or Mammoth tank, i've had a light tank or stealth tank drive underneath me.

From this position, they can fire and damage me, but i cannot damage them, because they're underneath.

The vehicle physics in general really bothers me. Vehicles shouldn't be able to just roll over or under vehicles. Even trying to block APCs can utterly fail with them going over me (what the bloody hell). I just hate that.

Thats besides the fact that the utterly broken physics or lack of mass makes vehicles able to go up places they really have no business going.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Makes sense for Light Tank(now doubling as taxi) given its shape and in general to ignore the bloody foolHarvester. Its also possible through team-work to put a GDI APC on side this way, immobilizing it since it has the most boxy shape.

Another thing is lining up the vehicles, as a train and putting the fastest on the last as locomotive. If all manage to push forward on time without losing contact and nobody dives under the next vehicle then it functions kinda like formation command in RA1, which allowed you to move a Cruiser at the speed of an Gunboat.

The most game impacting example at one post above is a bit more serious however, so may need to make an exception for Mammoth, causing it to crush vehicles under it(dealing Damage over time to em) regardless of alignment.

Tbh ive found it to be more of an hilarious gimmicky game-mechanic than actual failure.

But it is failure. A lot of vehicles being unable to block other vehicles from passing is a HUGE blow to a very basic role of any vehicle. A light tank that can't block an APC from going through because they just roll over you is a serious issue.

• Like 1