Riding Orcas and Apache's

StonerMk2

Ok well apparently Inf can "ride" both air vehicles if they jump on top. This obviously leads to people placing beacons on TOP of buildings now. Ride the Orca or Apache over top the building. Jump off, parachute, land and place and bobs your uncle the enemy team cant do squat about it. Happened twice last night on the Jelly server, with GDI placing a Ion on top of the Nod Ref and HON.

if they jump off the helicopter and parachute onto buildings, where exactly is the difference from just enter the orca as second person and then jump out over the buildings which would be within the game mechanics?

dont know if thats possible as i havent tried yet, but wouldnt it even be possible to arm the beacon while standing on top of an orca/apache who hovers next to an unreachable spot (like on the ball of the hand of nod or the tower of the refinery) so the beacon itself would be up there? so you would be able to get the beacon on positions where you couldnt even land. cant describe it better right know, hope you understand ^^

Well see my point is in old Rene you could not do this. Was blockers to prevent this abuse and whats more is there was no second seat in the original game. You couldnt ride shotgun. Orcas and Apache's were a one person vehicle. If this is what we are now going to be considering within game mechanics id like to know cause hell, i could cause all kind of havok with this. I dont do it because i consider it exploiting and/or abuse.

ah okay, havent played the original renegade for more than 5 years ^^

but the chinook already existed yes? if you would make orcas 1p only and install blockers to prevent jumping on them, you could still jump out of the chinook and parachute on buildings, which still would be the same just with a vehicle that can carry persons by its design

ah okay, havent played the original renegade for more than 5 years ^^

but the chinook already existed yes? if you would make orcas 1p only and install blockers to prevent jumping on them, you could still jump out of the chinook and parachute on buildings, which still would be the same just with a vehicle that can carry persons by its design

Yeah. I think adding certain elements (Passenger seat in air vehicles and parachutes) that were not in the original game has created whole new problems for RenX. But the building blockers for the tops of the buildings would absolutely solve the problem of placing beacons where they shouldnt be allowed. Parachuting out of the Chinny which is a viable strategy, i have no problem with. Its people now getting on top of buildings and placing beacons in places where they cannot be disarmed i have a problem with.