suggestion: how to bring in more players (maybe)

BigWyrm67

I have been thinking about this for a while. When I first started playing Renegade X it was very difficult for me to overcome the twitch shooting where players move so quickly it is very difficult to hit them. This has been a turnoff for most of my friends and the reason why they stopped playing.

So to make it more accommodating to people who are used to playing games like CoD, BF4, and Planetside 2 you might want to consider reducing the strafe speed. The strafe speed feels unnatural. I believe this change alone will make it so much more welcoming to new players who are not used to the twitch shooting mechanic.

What do you guys think?

No.

Just... no.

What is it with people that can't deal with something that doesn't have the shit "realistic" slow pace of other games anyway?

If thats the kind of reasons that pushes them away then I don't want them back. They can stick to those games I despise so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Strafe speed isn't the problem. Direction change without loss of velocity is. What makes the infantry fights so spammy and unenjoyable is the fact that there's no momentum. Ideally I would like to see a Painkiller-like movement system in this game, whereby you can gain momentum by chaining jumps in a smooth path or simply like in Mirror's Edge: the longer you run without chaining direction, the greater is your speed.

Main point is to make other player's movement predictable, but make it a skill to hit them. Like in Tribes or Unreal. Furthermore, as I have posted in my own feedback thread, both the weapon damage AND the recoil they produce needs to be increased and made more responsive.

I agree that the strafe spamming and infantry combat in general right now are neither enjoyable nor skillful and more annoying rather than anything else, but I don't think making people like the drunk slugs they are in Modern Military shooters will help. It will just make stuff more boring and even less skillful.

I have no idea why you think thats not fun as it is. People move fast. You have to hit them while they move fast.

You can't even move as swiftly as you could in the original Renegade and as such people are easier to hit when they change direction than they were.

And besides all that the movement speed is rather slow besides sprint in the first place. So what the hell.

And don't add recoil. Recoil is terrible. There shouldn't even be recoil, its a big blow to automatic weapons.

Leave it the hell alone. "Oh no an infantry can move unpredictably I hate it". What is this shit.

well i do more kills and win more 1vs1 sub-battles in renegade than with any other FPS ...

i love that arcade style ...

i say people should get used to it or just not play it ...

you not need thousands of players to have a working community :)

I have been thinking about this for a while. When I first started playing Renegade X it was very difficult for me to overcome the twitch shooting where players move so quickly it is very difficult to hit them. This has been a turnoff for most of my friends and the reason why they stopped playing.

So to make it more accommodating to people who are used to playing games like CoD, BF4, and Planetside 2 you might want to consider reducing the strafe speed. The strafe speed feels unnatural. I believe this change alone will make it so much more welcoming to new players who are not used to the twitch shooting mechanic.

What do you guys think?

I think you just said that the game is too hard and in games like CoD/bf4 etc its easier. So the problem here might not be the game.. Practice makes perfect and i enjoy this game more then CoD or BF (and i am a BF fan)

Maybe the learning curve is difficult and that scares you, this game doesn't hold your hand like the others. Instead it pulls you by the arm and pushes you right in the middle of everything.

Practice, Practice, Practice.

I am glad that C&C Game mode has been brought back to life. Now it is Highly Dynamic and Arcade style gameplay enhanced by physics (Hell yeah!). There is a lack of games with such play style and to make it more spicier: Nobody ever tried to copy C&C Game mode in other titles. Thank you for this alternative. I don't think that turning RenX to something that we already have, would make it better.

I think, when game will be finally polished and ready for official release, then it will be able to attract new players. And there is also another factor - RenX will be free-to-play and not pay-to-win game. The game offers a lot of fun and it will be free, there shouldn't be a problem to bother people to play.

I went 18-0 today dude, just need a balance of luck and skill lol. (Kills dont matter i know)

Find a role you are good at. Can't go wrong with technician, get yourself an AC and you're on your way to getting points and a few kills. Plus they are absolutely vital to your team, making you more useful than if you were just getting stomped on every time you exit the base. Also, playing defensive offers less of a learning curve.