team colored hijacked vehicles

Tsumetai

I'm not exactly new here I was on the team when it was still Ren2007 but that was quite a while ago, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I wish to make a suggestion:team colored hijacked vehicles so that we can tell at a glance who owns a vehicle without having to look for the color of the name of the driver especially to curb that brief jolt of fear when I see a big yellow Mammy rolling into my nice clean Nod base much less being that mammy and getting shot at by my team. I know it can't hurt but it's wasted effort and annoying.

And there is precedence for this in the CnC games.

plus I think it'd look cool(these are examples I made on the fly so lighting and color is all wrong):

Nod Orca:

http://i.imgur.com/P7MqZEV.png

or Red Nod Orca:

http://i.imgur.com/iQ5BLxj.png

GDI Stealth Tank:

http://i.imgur.com/eQV9As9.png

Part of the benefit of stealing vehicles (for me at least) is being able to surprise enemy vehicles who often don't check vehicles for friendly/foe status when they are their team's vehicle type. As much as I would like to have a recolored Nod/GDI vehicle aesthetically I just don't like removing the element of surprise from stolen vehicles. Perhaps instead of a new paint job they get the new team's logo painted crudely on the old paint job?

I think it be more appropriate to have a more individual touch to them. Instead of their literal colors changing, they'd have painted markings on them to signify they are now enemy owned. Like the GDI logo would be crossed out and there would be red stripes or something along the vehicle if Nod stole it.

I think the whole point of stealing vehicles is for the surprise advantage it gives. Oh, that's our APC, no worries. Suddenly it runs you over and a bunch of engies take out your ref. That's one of those moments that makes this game awesome I think. Especially when you're the guy driving the stolen vehicle.

Part of the benefit of stealing vehicles (for me at least) is being able to surprise enemy vehicles who often don't check vehicles for friendly/foe status when they are their team's vehicle type. As much as I would like to have a recolored Nod/GDI vehicle aesthetically I just don't like removing the element of surprise from stolen vehicles. Perhaps instead of a new paint job they get the new team's logo painted crudely on the old paint job?

I agree, but the epicness of a Nod themed Mammoth Tank can't be ignored so easily. Maybe there could be a way to change your vehicle skin (while in your base), and choose between the original skin to deceive enemies (like the APC example) or a new skin with your faction theme (maybe console command?).

But I feel that's a lot of work, having to make another skin for every vehicles, only for a slightly visual improvement.

ProTip- To use a stolen enemy APC to rush, drive backwards into the enemy base with it and try to act casual.

Chances are, they will think you just need repairs. If you are lucky, they might actually repair at you while you pass them on the way to the PP/Ref.

There is nothing more hilarious than to shoot your own teammates while being a Spy as you are entering the enemy base.

because spies belong to the Red Alert universe like A path beyond. and your snark doesn't address my point

You want to ruin one of the most entertaining infiltration tactics ever (Right after harvie hug) just because petty worries.

There is nothing more hilarious than to shoot your own teammates while being a Spy as you are entering the enemy base.

This work for, like, five seconds to me. Then someone runs over me.

because spies belong to the Red Alert universe like A path beyond. and your snark doesn't address my point

You want to ruin one of the most entertaining infiltration tactics ever (Right after harvie hug) just because petty worries.

I already conceded the point about tricking the enemy which is why I suggested making it so your own teammates see the alternate skins on allied hijacked vehicles this conversation brought up another good point:

your team is pushing into the enemy base there are enemy vehicles and a few allied hijacked vehicles and you just arrive to the scene, if you could tell at a quick glance which of those mammies are on your team it would save you valuable time and effort if you didn't waste crucial shots on your allies' hijacked vehicles.

I already conceded the point about tricking the enemy which is why I suggested making it so your own teammates see the alternate skins on allied hijacked vehicles this conversation brought up another good point:

your team is pushing into the enemy base there are enemy vehicles and a few allied hijacked vehicles and you just arrive to the scene, if you could tell at a quick glance which of those mammies are on your team it would save you valuable time and effort if you didn't waste crucial shots on your allies' hijacked vehicles.

That skin swap still sounds like something completely unnecessary, and let's follow this scenario you are describing.

If by "you just arrive to the scene" you mean the game as a whole, then your first move, this is me assuming tho, would be either, plant your ass on the base until you pick up the pace of everyone or head to the battlefield and support however you can the charge, then this question appears: How fucking blind you have to be to not spot your god damn team vehicles? Also, here is a tip to tell what's friendly without turning your mammoth around, look at your minimap. This is the go-to method for me when my paranohia has me on the edge.