"Preparing RenX Install" - but nothing happens

Rem Tilak

Hello there. :)

I just downloaded the Beta 2 setup, uninstalled Beta 1 and tried to install Beta 2. My problem is that the setup only shows "Preparing RenX Install" and after this message nothing happens. What could be the problem? I really would like to play "Renegade X" now. :(

Regards,

Rem

• Totem Arts Staff

Oh good, I'm not the only one who encountered this on my PC. :(

I've downloaded from two different sources (my own and SilverBullet) and both do this. But, when I went to update my server installation (dedicated server), it worked and my server's updated and all. I just can't get it installed on my computer. :(

- You need to have like 4GB on your C: drive (or where your personal folder is located!), please check the available space before and after "installation".

- Try turning off firewall for the installation process.

Well... The problem was pretty dumb. :D

The files are packed and the Beta 2 .exe file I've downloaded wanted me to extract them with 7zip which I don't use. So I ended up extracting the packed files with WinRAR and voilà! The archive included the setup and the game could be installed without having problems. :)

Regards,

Rem

• 2 weeks later...