another proposal for the proxi mines

Darkraptor

I think its very annoying that u cant see how many mines are are still are planted by your team.

So i have to do a proposal: Mines schould not be attached to a special playerclass, in this case Hotwire and Technican. Instead of Mines should be able to buy as a sidearm like the tiberium auto rifle.

After buying the mines, the player can select between the timed c4, the grantes or the MINES.

Each Set of mines should cost about 150 credits and contains 6 mines.

When there is now a server limit thats allowed a team only to lay 30 mines and all 5 Mine-Sets are bougt, the botton to buy the mines turns grey and the players cant buy anymore Mines until the mines are planted.

So this is actually the same thing like the vehikel limtitaion.

Thanx for the Information. But there is another reason why i think that mines should not attached to Hotwire and the Technican: Proximty mines are so essential for the base defense, thats they shouldn't get lost when one building is destroyed.

And there are often games in which one site loses their barracks or weaponsfactory but powerplant and refinery are still alive. This is a very stupid situation because the team lost most of his attack-skills but is still in the game. So in this situation the team should not also lose a very important defensive-skills.

I think it should be possible to pay credits (400 maybe?) to replace your timed C4 with mines just like you can with grenades. I think you should only get 3 mines per refill though (half what Techies/Hotties get). Though having an enemy team without the ability to mine because their infantry building is down is a good part of the game. I'm personally fine with how it currently is, but I wouldn't mind what I just suggested either.

And there are often games in which one site loses their barracks or weaponsfactory but powerplant and refinery are still alive. This is a very stupid situation because the team lost most of his attack-skills but is still in the game. So in this situation the team should not also lose a very important defensive-skills.

The team that destroys the barracks/HON is rewarded for their efforts by denying the opponent the ability to plant mines.

Yes, they get a big reward for destroying the barracks/HoN. No more heavy infantry. And i know its a big part of the gameplay. But losing this includung the weaponfsactory /Af brings one team in some kind of "undead position".

The other buildings (powerplant and refinery) are now nearly useless, except to build the superweapons.

Would this happend in a RTS-Game the player, which suffers from this heavy losses, would give up.

But with renegade, we have actiongame mixed with parts of a rts-game.

The team in the "undead-position" is now forced to defend and will not attack. So the possibility to win goes for this team extremly down. And this is of course very frustrating.

So i think to give them the ability to lay mines without baracks/HoN would be a big consolation.

This is just a proposal but i hope i know what i mean.

• 3 weeks later...

Make the mines purchasable to all classes Anti Personnel Mines instead. Expensive. Low stacks. Higher blast radius. No damage to vehicles. Unaccessible after Hon/Rack destruction. Or make tech buildings give you a tiberian shard mine(400 cost) that has typical mine explosion with added tiberium poisoning and slightly extended radius.

I've always been frustrated with having mines tied to advanced engineer class. Once you lose the barracks, your play style shifts slightly towards more defensive because the enemy now has the upper hand. Except instead of having just your offense capability reduced, your defensive capability has been reduced too.

Seems out of place to shift the game towards a particular play style but handicap that play style at the same time.

But that's entirely the point. When you lose a structure your play style is supposed to shift. And it's supposed to shift in the direction that gives you the disadvantage. It's to give you incentive to not lose those structures and defend them.

By mitigating the disadvantages of losing a structure, you unravel the point of even having the structures in the first place.