Upcoming game update

Havoc89

• Former Developers

Hey guys!

So it's been a couple weeks after the launch of Renegade X but don't worry we're not done yet. There are still many updates coming your way, and today we are giving you the details of the first update.

There are a huge number of changes, and one in particular which changes the composition of the way the game is built. Originally we were going to release it as a patch, however this bigger change is too big of a change and is really not worth it create a patch since it will end up being just as big as the full version. So there will only be a full version instead of a patch.

Below is the complete change list of what is to come in Open Beta 2. This update will be released very soon, and your game will notify you when it is available to download.

Open Beta 2: Change list

Balance / Gameplay Fixes:

• Airstrike Deploy time increased slightly
  • Airstrike Beams are more visible
  • Airstrike Reduced damage and splash damage
  • Airstrike Price increased to 800 credits
  • Fixed not losing Sidearms in MP
  • Fixed hitting left Alt (walking mode) and releasing it while in ADS allowing you to go back to normal speed while staying in ADS
  • Fixed Stealth Tank kicking up dirt after it has been shot once (till it fired and cloaked again)
  • Gun/Rocket Emplacements now have the same health as an MRLS/Arty
  • Gun/Rocket Emplacement now has a longer respawn time
  • Gun/Rocket emplacement damage and range
  • Fixed bolt action reload weapon fast firing bug
  • Fixed bots being able to see cloaked units
  • Fixed being able to lock onto cloaked units
  • Artillery's projectile speed increased to counter arch's impact on difficulty
  • Mammoth Tank speed reduced
  • Stealth Tank missile range reduced
  • MRLS Lock Tolerance reduced
  • Machine Pistol has infinite ammo
  • Machine Pistol damage reduce slightly
  • Railgun / PIC have faster rate of fires
  • All bullet firing vehicles have faster bullet projectiles
  • Mammoth Missiles use a different particle effect
  • Mammoth Missiles damage reduced
  • A cloaked Stealth Tank can be seen from further away
  • Guard Tower projectile travels faster
  • Added a GDI/Nod version of the SMG/Machine Pistol so that GDI/Nod have colour coded bullets like AR
  • Fixed C4 that destroyed a vehicle also damaged the ejected driver
  • Reduced default deathcrate probability to 0%
  • Grenade damage & splash radius reduced
  • Grenade equip & reload times increased

UI:

• Fixed an issue where above medium texture settings would cause graphical lighting issues.
  • Added bobbing intractable arrow over targeted units
  • Changed "E to enter" to show over the interactable arrow
  • Enemy nickname can hide behind dynamic objects
  • Added proper localization strings for Rx_Game. Primarily, this shows "C&C Mode" on the loading screen instead of "Team Deathmatch"
  • Added GameVersion, MapName to servers fetching for server list
  • Now server list (in game) will only add servers that are same version as game
  • Fixed PT not closing when in PT while the map ends
  • Fixed one frame lag on targeting box
  • Defenses controlled by AI no longer show enter-able arrow
  • Enterable arrow, intractable message, and showing your own player name are all now toggle-able via ini
  • Implement ping, and map name as well as mapImage in the server browser
  • Fixed the issue on joining the wrong server in server browser ingame after sorting
  • Reworked parsing the resolution list.
  • Fixed ingame menu's "suicide"
  • Added ability to target purchase terminals and MCTs
  • Added tips when parachuting, or targeting Tech, or Enemy MCTs. These can be toggled
  • Gave everything its own unique DamageType, so that the specific Weapon/Vehicle used can be identified
  • Fixed up some death messages showing the wrong icon. (Does not fix Headshots or RunOvers)
  • Fixed dying while in PT screen didn’t close the PT and then buying something spawned you at the middle of the map
  • Chat message duration is now three times longer and chat line count is now twice as much
  • Implement a dllbind to check which graphic card adapter the player use. This is be used for checking adapter specific settings such as FXAA and MLAA settings, APEX, etc
  • Added a temporary column for scoreboard for ping values. Ping has been implemented ingame scoreboard
  • Added a header for server name in scoreboard UI
  • Video settings will now exit its settings window once it is successfully applied its settings
  • Fixed the missing Tiberium Autorifle icons and Tiberium Flechette icons for previous and next weapons in HUD
  • Fixed the GDI PT shortcut issue where using the Chinook hotkey purchased an Orca and the Orca hotkey did not work
  • User messages (names and chat messages) displayed on the HUD can no longer be parsed as HTML
  • Can now donate via console using name matches with "donate" command

Maps:

• Fixed collision issue with Refinery which allowed you to place a beacon in a non-disarm-able place next to the silo
  • Weapons Factory ramps now have a collision piece which prevents beacons to be placed in non-disarm-able location

Islands:

• GDI can no longer base to base from their vantage point
  • GDI MRLS can no longer bombard Nod ref from their side of the field
  • Added invisible barriers at both GDI/Nod vantage points
  • Reduced screen dust effect

Walls:

• Fixed vehicle collision blockers which were deemed invalid.
  • GDI base cannot be entered through use of exploit anymore
  • Landscape LODs faster for increased performance.
  • Slightly moved pyramids over for extra visibility
  • Fixed GDI right side collision issue

Whiteout:

• Added tunnels (Work in Progress)

Field:

• Updated lighting
  • Map made slightly brighter
  • Reduced fog effect on field

Lakeside:

• Disabled blurry post process along the river
  • Removed all dynamic level events
  • Various fixes and updates
  • New rock textures

Mesa:

• Disabled screen rain drop effect
  • Fixed super loud lightning sounds
  • Reduced fog values by 50% per emitter

Goldrush:

• Moved GuardTowers to cover more ground.
  • Added more armour to (sniper) watchtowers.
  • GDI bridge is now a tighter chokepoint.
  • Hand of Nod is now more easily accessible to GDI infantry
  • End of the Nod bridge has gained some cover for GDI / Nod to utilize to balance with GDI bridge
  • Nod can no longer bypass GDI bridge and go straight into the river

Performance:

• Disabled speed tree leaves and fronds on all graphics settings, as they seemed to be causing crashes for some users, and we don't use them at all
  • Doors no longer replicates open/close states. It's completely simulated locally now
  • Vehicle seats now replicate properly

Others:

• Crashing on map change reduced considerably if not removed entirely. (No internal test crash was reported)
  • Fixed check for endgame announcement.
  • Parachute, boink, and credit flow sounds now have proper sound classes and should have their volumes be adjusted when the appropriate volume setting is tweaked
  • Added new Automatic Rifle animations and sounds
  • Added ping functionality
  • Reduced intro volume
  • Fixed a critical bots bug where it was possible to crash the server
  • Removed Building Repaired EVA sound for the time being
  • Added bBotsDisabled server parameter and added it to the server settings info list
  • Increased vote time to 30 seconds
  • Changed voting system so it should be easier to pass/fail votes.
  • Hacks that allowed entering the enemy PTs should not work anymore
  • Removed the reward message stuff so there should be no UT3 announcer
  • Added "recordDemo" command that lets you start a 2 minute long serverside demo without having to be logged in as admin
  • Added the ability to see player IPs in Demos
  • Added a ClientList command that displays Player ID, IP, SteamID, Team and Name of all connected clients
    - Can be used in-game by logging into admin/moderator then using "AdminClientList"
    - Can be used remotely by executing "LogClientList"
  • Added the ability for us to globally ban IPs and IP masks aswell as Steam-IDs
  • Changed MaxPlayers default to 40
  • Added a random team swap option for use with clanwars until auto-league integration is up
  • Added a delay between allowing name changes
  • No two players can have the same name
  • Added a server-customisable message filter
  • Added log message for player name changes
  • Temporarily removed Rcon Whitelist and Banning due to UDK bug giving the wrong IP
  • '\n', '\t' and 'nbsp' in Chat Messages or Names now get replaced with a normal space
  • Updated log messages to be nicer to parse, tokens are separated by nbsp

New soundtrack collection available.

We've updated our original soundtrack with brand new music. You may check out the entire album on

, or download it from one of the mirrors below:

That is all for now, keep your eyes out for the update very soon.

The railgun - PIC had a rate of fire buff (all fine) but the actual weapon switching glitch was not fixed..? Or was that missed in the patch logs?

I also wonder how long it will be before 64 players is back...

• Former Developers

Complex will not be in this update no. It is planned for the next.

The Railgun/PIC weapon switch rapid fire issue has been fixed, it was possible with the sniper rifle as well as they are all "bolt action reload" classified weapons. Hence this change: "Fixed bolt action reload weapon fast firing bug"

All hail the mighty Devs for creating this awesome game! :D (and making it better!)

You guys rock. Can't wait to test the new "patch" out!

Ps: Did you also fix the glitch in Walls where you can ride a vehicle onto the side? :P (Not the thing where Nod could jump its way into GDI)

This looks fantastic, y'all are awesome.

Could we get a donate feature that acts like the old Renegade !donate command though? Namely, you can type part of a name as long as it's unique, and it'll donate to that person? Having to search through a list of numbers (which sometimes reaches off the screen) that isn't sorted by name is very annoying.

>Grenade damage & splash radius reduced

Why don't they just replce them with snowballs?

I really don't like how every explosive weapon in this game has almost no splash damage.

Just use the Tiberium Auto Rifle if you want damage from splash.

Actually, a bit of a sore spot here. I can understand it needing to have some splash and DoT because of its slow velocity, but when people are almost exclusively firing at the ground to kill with it, I think some modification is needed. Buying the TibAuto at this point is basically saying "I can't/don't want to bother aiming at anything, so I'll buy this which saves me the trouble." With the flechette, you at least have to aim the gun to kill people.

The TibAuto has some very good uses (Hotwires searching out stealth black hands/stealth tanks being a prime example); I think if you lowered the DoT time and/or damage, it would be more reasonable in infantry combat for the price.

Could we get a donate feature that acts like the old Renegade !donate command though? Namely, you can type part of a name as long as it's unique, and it'll donate to that person? Having to search through a list of numbers (which sometimes reaches off the screen) that isn't sorted by name is very annoying.
Wow thats a huge list of fixes, nicely done.

I also second what Terekhov said, I miss my !donate command :)

Ya I seriously prefer !donate over the current system. It takes too much time.

There is a console command for donate, press F5 then type "donate name 800" where name is a partial match on the name (like private messaging). Make sure you use "donate" and not "donatecredits" because the latter requires you to use player id (which you can get by typing PlayerList, so you can resort to that if the persons name is weird). "donatecredits 257 800"

I approve of most of these updates. Good job Totem Arts.

Ones I don't necesarily like, are removing default probability of death crate, all of the airstrike nerfs while I am glad about 80% of them, and some other things. Overall, I will gladly accept all the updates, as some are at my 49% approval rate and in no way bother me while the rest are at 100% absolute approval.

Ya I seriously prefer !donate over the current system. It takes too much time.

There is a console command for donate, press F5 then type "donate name 800" where name is a partial match on the name (like private messaging). Make sure you use "donate" and not "donatecredits" because the latter requires you to use player id (which you can get by typing PlayerList, so you can resort to that if the persons name is weird). "donatecredits 257 800"

Good to know!

I've noticed a couple bugs as well, it's not clear if they were addressed in Beta2:

Is there a set location for exiting vehicles? In original Ren you would exit vehicles on a specific side every time. (Ex: APC would exit the back). In RenX it seems to be random.

Also, after exiting a vehicle, the weapon icon shows a pistol for every item until you cycle weapons.

Weapons purchased (flichet, tib auto rifle) are retained between deaths and even between maps.

After Airstrikes (believe nukes/ions as well) are used, they are still shown when cycling weapons, but are not selectable.

Need separate key bindings for vehicles. Flying and trying to use "C" to go down is just awkward. (I'd rather bind 'F' to 'sprint' for flying and have 'LShift' for Down when flying)

Flying movement speed (Up/Down most notably) is horribly slow compared to Original Ren.

Arty shells fall too fast (appears this may have been addressed)

Believe weapons need to be balanced further, but don't have any specific examples.

**GUI for standalone server config/setup**

(tis all I can think of off hand)

Edited by Guest

Curious as to what the door fix translates to in English:
Doors no longer replicates open/close states. It's completely simulated locally now

Crossing my fingers that this relates to the buggy animation / too-slow-for-sprinting aspects.

You won't get momentarily stuck on the door due to lag any more.

You fixed the collision problem on both sides of walls right?

Nod being able to get in the sides of GDI base? Yes.

Is there a set location for exiting vehicles? In original Ren you would exit vehicles on a specific side every time. (Ex: APC would exit the back). In RenX it seems to be random.

You exit wherever you are looking at.

Too much notes, might be easier to focus on what hasn't been fixed yet.

Besides 64 player not fixed what else is conspicuously absent from this patch?

And yes, I'm also concerned about whether both GDI and Nod side entrances on Walls were fixed, the notes only mention GDI's.

I had no idea there was one on the Nod side but there appears to be one:

The GDI entry were so easy to spot, but I never saw that one mentioned before. Its not nearly as big a deal at least, since Nod is the one with stealth.

You exit wherever you are looking at.

Thanks for the clarification. However, I would still prefer static exit points from vehicles (Like original Ren had).

I can't tell you how many times I've jumped out of a vehicle to repair it and been straight in the line of fire, then have to run around the vehicle to be safe.

Cool stuff.

SO I guess the flamethrower wasn't deemed underpowered then?

Too bad, I really think it could use a bit of a buff.

Maybe have a tank on the character model's back which the flamethrower is attached to so you don't have to reload, but you still run out of ammo? Same thing for Chem warrior.

Does that mean we have to uninstall Beta I and re-install with Beta II?

You fixed the collision problem on both sides of walls right?

Nod being able to get in the sides of GDI base? Yes.

There's also the glitch where you can ride a vehicle (and i've seen one or two infantry do it aswell) at the right side. The right side if your standing in front of it and looking at the base. There Nod can drive its way into the GDI base and on the other side GDI can ride into Nod's base.

However Nod's sneaky way in was more exploited thus far, glad that's fixed :P

Does that mean we have to uninstall Beta I and re-install with Beta II?

I would assume so. They are also updating certain graphics settings that were causing issues so I would assume it would be best to start fresh.

yep. but it doesn't really have to do with the graphics settings, though.