which things do i download to play this game .-.

DrTarte

got a nostalgia trip when i first saw that this game was in open beta and would love to try it out, but i have no idea which mirrors or things from that Download menu are needed to play the game. i tried downloading the first item on the list and then the first one with a US flag on it, and it installed the game and everything but didn't end up working, i tried the same thing again on my brother's gaming pc which had the recommended requirements to run Renegade X but i didn't work either .-. any help would be greatly appreciated, maybe just a rundown of what things you guys did to be able to play this game, as in what items on the list you downloaded and what you did while the game was installing etc. thank you for any help regarding my issue, i am really looking forward to flying around in an Orca for the first time ever in an fps.

.-. I got vuse, but still dont know which 'mirror' to download. I have no idea what mirrors are in this context, and dont know which ones to download. Should i just download the first one on the list that is marked as a Recommended Mirror or pick one based on the country flag it has? It currently says Open Beta 2 and The Pirate Bay mirror is the top one on the list, would that be the only thing i need to download to play this game?

More or less, im wondering if i need to download just one 'mirror' or a few of them in order to play the game, would also appreciate an explication on what exactly all these mirrors are and what they mean. i saw this game and immediately wanted to start playing it, but i am clueless how to get it running, the list on the Download screen of the renegade x website makes little sense to me .-.

A mirror is just an alternate link. All of them give you the same thing: One file (an .exe) that will install the entire game.

After that, you run the game through its shortcut, which will be on the Desktop or in the Start menu.

If it didn't work, you'll have to be more specific as to what actually happens in order to get any help.

A mirror is just an alternate link. All of them give you the same thing: One file (an .exe) that will install the entire game.

After that, you run the game through its shortcut, which will be on the Desktop or in the Start menu.

If it didn't work, you'll have to be more specific as to what actually happens in order to get any help.

not entirely correct, because he already stated that he tried to download via pirate bay, which requires torrent and will not download the .exe in the way the http-servers do. i could imagine this caused him trouble if he never heard of mirrors for downloading files. it would be better to exclude the torrent-download, because not everyone knows what to do and its not directly obvious either

Was confused about the mirrors and such, saw by a previous post to try the torrent Vuse, so i went to the Renegade X download site using Vuse, and decided to download one of the US mirrors, the US Washington one towards the top of the list. Got that downloading at the moment so i hope it works. But yeah, having never heard of mirrors or torrents before, this has all been a bit confusing .-.

Should be about 2 hours to finish the download, then a couple minutes to install it i suppose. Hope it works this time :| been a fan of the C&C games since i was a kid, so this seems well worth it to play.

Download speed is completely dependant on client and server bandwidth. If you have decent bandwidth and there enough seeds, it could take a matter of minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Welp the game stopped working on my brother's pc :/ now whenever i try to start it up the screen goes black and has a popup saying that 'built with UDK has stopped working' ah well, was fun while it lasted. I downloaded it on my pc, and it works fine up until i try to open the start menu, then it says that it has run out of video memory, so i suppose i'll need a better graphics card or that i will need to free up some hard drive space in order to get it working. Not sure why it stopped working on my brothers beefy computer, but for mine its understandable since i have a tiny graphics card that can hardly run Starbound properly. Is there a way to lower the graphics settings of the game without having to open the game menu? Like through the game files instead?

not entirely correct, because he already stated that he tried to download via pirate bay, which requires torrent and will not download the .exe in the way the http-servers do. i could imagine this caused him trouble if he never heard of mirrors for downloading files. it would be better to exclude the torrent-download, because not everyone knows what to do and its not directly obvious either

The type of downloaded files has nothing to do with http or p2p connection. You can download an .exe through http or p2p.

Tried uninstalling and redownloading the game a few times .-. Nothing seems to be working. Started by going through My Computer and deleting everything relating to renegade X, then re downloading the game and re installing it. I just keep getting a message saying 'built with UDK has stopped working' whenever i try to open the game menu, i dont even set to see the intro scene with it showing that it is on the Unreal engine and Proudly Presented by Totem Arts. So yeah :/ that was a fun four hours while it lasted, guess i cant play it anymore

Darn, nothing on the list of fixes for Windows Vista. Go the Ran Out Of Video Memory issue when i try to play. Seems like my pc lacks the strength to load the maps in the game, i can get to the start menu just fine, just cant actually play, runs out of video memory while loading the map.

.-. A completely stock windows vista, just with a really old, small graphics card that i stuck into it, the card was a hand-me-down from my brother, nothing too great. Radeon3800 or somthing card. Was thinking that there would be a way for me to increase the amount of actual ram that my computer would use, since the vista is locked to 2gb of ram, did some reaserch and found that you can change that through the command prompts, typed in bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072 to see if it would work. Not sure if it did much of anything though. So i just uninstalled and re downloaded the game to see if that would fix it, because in the main menu of my game it said it was the Beta 1 version, so deleting that one and getting the newer one might fix it. Idk. Its almost done installing so i'll see if it works. If not then i guess i'll just have to get myself an actual gaming rig, rather than using the dinosaur of a computer that i got right now.