Open Beta 2 is it out this weekend 22nd or 23rd

rytlock

In the process of being built and final testing.

Came across some aspects that needed to be addressed which pushed it back some. According to the Facebook feed, should be another day or two.

Personally, I never crashed on map change. Then we made this 1.1 patch and we(I) encountered crashed on a near consistent basis. Through testing, we think the found where/why/how it crashes. Did some changes and I was able to leave a guy in a server for over 12 hours without a problem.

Will the patch remove the 40 player limit?

As far as i know, no. Some performance issues have been fixed but i don't think the vehicle lag has disappeared yet.

you're kidding, right?

And vehicle lag exists in some 40 player servers. I've had experience in the first day at 64 that had no vehicle lag. The vehicle lag sucks when it happens but beyond that the servers should decide what they can handle.

I think its a bit unrealistic to expect every bug to be addressed. I havent been in a 40 server yet that had the vehicle lag, so I can understand why this wasnt top priority.

And since that lag pretty much broke the game in its entirety, I dont think its unreasonable to set the cap there. Also keep in mind that servers can set their cap beyond 40, they just wont be in the default server list.

it is very normal that patches do not fix all problems ...

some problems are harder to fix or lower priority than others ...

and even if that is bad, patches can add othe bugs aswell ...

that is why gamedevelopment takes so much time, and that is why some AAA games are buggy (they do not take enough time)

Will the patch remove the 40 player limit?

As far as i know, no. Some performance issues have been fixed but i don't think the vehicle lag has disappeared yet.

you're kidding, right?

Take a break from the game until 64 player cap is back. Simple.

Can't wait for the patch, thank you for the hard and FREE work.

What features will the patch include? Will there be new maps, tech buildings or items?

They will release patch notes when the patch is available.

I know :-D :-D but my question was, if there is something else known about the features, except bug fixing.