What would be fun, but probably can't happen ...

Trev-MUN

And this is another thing I had been wanting to see since the original Renegade:

Taking Command and Conquer mode to the logical conclusion, and recreating the RTS skirmish modes from the ground level. Both teams would actually have to build their bases and gather resources as in Tiberian Dawn, and the maps would be sized accordingly; looking at the old Renegade maps, those battlefields would be tiny if they were in the RTS.

I bet this has been brought up many times before, over the years, and maybe even here on the Renegade X forums (though I didn't see anything when I did a search), but nevertheless ... if it could be done, it would be awesome to see. There's probably way too many technical and gameplay challenges to make this work ... Alas.

something like this is possible ...

look at games like savage(2) or natural selection2

okay in natural selection you do not actually build a base with buildings but a small base with support structures like laboratories, teleporter, tunnels, resourcenodes, armories ...

it would sure be possible with command and conquer ... i actually wonder noone ever tryed

something like this is possible ...

look at games like savage(2) or natural selection2

Yeah, that's true, though Natural Selection was designed like that from the start ...

Also, when you think of how a typical skirmish map from Tiberian Dawn would look like if it were put into Renegade X, the size could also be an issue.

In C&C Renegade there is a mod called C&C Assault.

Oh hey, nice! I had no idea people had actually been working on this and made it happen!

Savage was very fun to play, the only problem was the setting for me ... i not like this medievil fantasy settings (Yes i not like LotR/WoW/TES and such)

and an other problem is always to find a decent commander ...

turns out that a lot people not like to play commander, since it is the most stressing job and you get blamed a lot if your team loses

Oh man! I forgot about Battlezone! The Activision remakes!

That's another really good example of a combined RTS/FPS game. Maybe even better than Natural Selection, since it's more like a traditional RTS; wide open battlefields, plenty of space to build and gather resources. Only thing is, multiplayer didn't do things Renegade-style, at least when the playing a "Strategic game." Players weren't separated into teams to act as infantry or pilots for vehicles, but rather each player was the Commander of their own side, so all units they built were AI controlled.

BZ1 did have a more straight up deathmatch mode where everyone was infantry and piloted tanks and what not, but that stripped out the whole RTS element.

Scud Storm mod is also RTS/FPS hybrid.

http://www.moddb.com/games/scud-storm

Basically you start as a Rifleman and purchase a bulldozer from the HQ. Get in and select which building do you want to build/deploy and move to an area where you can deploy. Once there click mouse 1 and it build the building.

Other than that, the recent RTS/FPS is Nuclear Dawn, but is more like a team deathmatch game to me.

Battlezone was good. too.

Last year October I found out this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZDXZz_TkrI

Is actually RTS/FPS/Moba style. Hard to believe at first, but if this is real than I think he is one of the best developer the world has seen. One man created the game.