Ways you can help us keep cheaters away

RypeL

6 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

You say this like it justifies the act itself.

do I? banning people for playing together with their friends doesn't seem fair or reasonable at all.

stacking is a problem, can't deny that.

On 9.4.2018 at 9:14 PM, DarkSn4ke said:

E.g. A player or players near- constantly changing teams just to roflstomp a public game with their mate

the "auto balance" game function is merely a tool to balance the player NUMBERS.

and teamswitch is - after all - a game feature. (game stacking through multi-accounts is a totally different issue imo)

1 hour ago, DarkSn4ke said:

multi-accounts

In my humble opinion, I believe that a registration/account system would benefit the game significantly. Should by any chance the Development Team have the capacity to implement one somewhere down along the road, I think many would welcome such a feature ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, limsup said:

In my humble opinion, I believe that a registration/account system would benefit the game significantly. Should by any chance the Development Team have the capacity to implement one somewhere down along the road, I think many would welcome such a feature ^_^

@Agent 

Even though we somehow got backlash when we suggested making actual accounts. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yosh56 said:

@Agent 

Even though we somehow got backlash when we suggested making actual accounts. 

I understand that there shall always be some people, who object against- or outright refuse to participate in any kind of activity, that would require an account, be it Steam (i.e. this topic) or even a Renegade-X Forum account. But overall, it would address quite a few moderation-related issues ( like faster identification of players who are cheating/flaming/impersonating others) and could contribute to the Leaderboard too, all of which would improve the general "Quality of life" of the Renegade-X citizens. ^_^

In my humble opinion, dedicating a few minutes of our time registering for a free account would be a very minuscule "price" to "pay" for playing this great game - which is, and has been entirely free to play.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

An account-based system means the ranking system wouldn't have to rely on Steam accounts, steam wouldn't be in any way needed, a guest option should definitely be available however players using the guest option are omitted from the leaderboards.

Considering players are happy to make accounts to play other games (Fortnite, any MMORPG, Planetside 2 etc) then I can't imagine an account-based system would be bad for RenX. 

What skills/resources would be needed to put such a framework in place? @Agent

• Like 1

@Madkill40

Familiarity with HTTPS REST APIs (for login/logout/register/verify endpoints),  PHP (for API development), UnrealScript (to wire it up with the game client and server), and Flash / Scaleform (for in-game login). Either some C# and WPF familiarity would be necessary to integrate it with the launcher, or logging into the launcher would be removed (probably the preferable option to reduce code duplication and complexity).

• Sad 1

• RypeL unpinned this topic