Leaderboard...

Nero

Well, I just wanted to say something about some people, is not for me in particular, i don't mind leaderboard too much but I can't stand that people who don't play with anyone and only farm points alone, how? I don't know it very well, may be with 2 computers, 1 afk and the other playing. In the SS you can see it. Between the 2 SS 4 hours have passed. Calculating 5*k points and 20 mins per game (is very difficult to earn more points so fast) a normal player can earn 60k points, may be if you are pro you can earn 7k points in 20 mins, but in 5 hours of matchs and before 130k points, only 23 kills...? Its a nonsense.

I'm not crying about anything, just let people know that you can farm a lot of points in a few hours if you want to be top 1 in leaderboard. And may be mods can do something. I can't stand the people who makes the efforts of someone useless for a number. The leaderboard is there for something i think.

Sorry if you don't understand something I'm still learning english.

Screen Shots:

1y76dt.jpg

5wfjgz.jpg

Leaderboard should calculate ladder points separate than score if you ask me. So that time in game, players in-game (excluding bots), and points are all a determining factor in the ladder points earned per game (similar to renegade, but not exact).

Maybe something like this:

Points = Score * ((kills+1)/(deaths+1))^.25 * (Players/32)

if you lost, then points = points * .66

This gives k/d ratio a minor impact, and emphasizes winning. This also makes participating in games with real players more valuable, compared to playing by yourself with bots.

I'd personally prefer it a little different. That's not a bad way of doing it, and I like how you used kd as a minor determinimg factor. But I really think time should be emphasized greatly for ladder points so long as your team wins (though not as much as it was in renegade - that was too much).

So maybe something more like:

(Score^.75)*(players/32)*(time in minutes/60)

So for a 35 minute game with 40 people and a player getting a score of 3000, he would have (3000^.75)*40/32*35/60 = 296 ladder points. If you were to get say, 8000 points, then you would get 616 ladder points.

If you were to play a 25 minute game with only 16 people and get 8000 points, you would get 142 ladder points. So players in-game and time play an important role.

That would be for a win. I'm a strong believer in rewarding the winner, so I'd have to disagree with your .66 multiplier. I'd rather not use renegade's flawed system of punishing the losing team either though. I think a .25 multiplier added into the final calculation would be best for a loss.

I didn't put kd in there because I couldn't think of a quick proper way of doing it without screwing up the whole calculation. I think that if kd is a determining factor, it should be a VERY small factor (meaning like 2% of the overall ladder points, on average).

Edited by Guest

I liked how the original Renegade ladder that never got implemented did it.

It took into account game length and size, how long you were in the game for, and your points. If you had a ton of points in a marathon game you would get a shitload of ladder points. Only bad thing is if you were on the losing team you would lose ladder points, that should be removed.

I liked how the original Renegade ladder that never got implemented did it.

It took into account game length and size, how long you were in the game for, and your points. If you had a ton of points in a marathon game you would get a shitload of ladder points. Only bad thing is if you were on the losing team you would lose ladder points, that should be removed.

Yeah I agree with the losing team part.

Renegade's ladder system favored long games far too much sometimes. It actually gave you it based on your overall time in game, compared to the time of the overall game though, which is something I should probably add into the calculation. But the multiplier for time was sooooooo much in renegade that you could win 6 30 minute games in aow, and end up getting a third of the ladder points you would for winning a 3 hour marathon match with the same score. It wasn't even fair in that aspect.

Well, I just wanted to say something about some people, is not for me in particular, i don't mind leaderboard too much but I can't stand that people who don't play with anyone and only farm points alone, how? I don't know it very well, may be with 2 computers, 1 afk and the other playing. In the SS you can see it. Between the 2 SS 4 hours have passed. Calculating 5*k points and 20 mins per game (is very difficult to earn more points so fast) a normal player can earn 60k points, may be if you are pro you can earn 7k points in 20 mins, but in 5 hours of matchs and before 130k points, only 23 kills...? Its a nonsense.

I'm not crying about anything, just let people know that you can farm a lot of points in a few hours if you want to be top 1 in leaderboard. And may be mods can do something. I can't stand the people who makes the efforts of someone useless for a number. The leaderboard is there for something i think.

I let u know that 5k in 20mins isn't much when you're dedicated. 12k-14k in 20min (legitimately playing) is achievable. I've nolifed short 1v1-2v2 games and getting 10k/12k in 20mins and still haven't caught up with nfhavoc. :)

Leaderboards based on stats from pub play,in this game,just like in ANY other game are a complete and total joke,why would someone even bother looking at them is beyond me.

The only leaderboards that carry some meaning are competitive ladder leaderboards,like the grandmasters leader board in sc2 for example.

":s3rycl1b]hey u cut me out D:

I also wondered how ppl can be so high points in the 1st page and only several hundread kills, very weird, prob just play on empty server with bots, fun fun.

u get lots of "score" by blowing buildings up etc as opposed to high score from purely killing people, you get way way more score destroying buildings.