Massive July media release!

Havoc89

• Former Developers

We've got a big update for you guys!

Renegade X Gameplay Trailer!

We've prepared a great Renegade X Gameplay Trailer. The trailer features some of our new infantry, weapons, maps, and buildings. Watch epic battles between Nod and GDI infantry and vehicles, and see the rejuvenated C&C Renegade we all love with the spectacular graphical overhaul.

Note, the trailer does not represent the final product, but rather our current build. Not all assets are done yet, so the following trailer is simply a work in progress.

Download:

High Definition Trailer (Link) Recommended

Standard Definition Trailer (Link)

Video Websites:

Mod DB: (link) Recommended

YouTube: (link)

GDI Soldier

GDI's basic rifleman. The Renegade X team decided to revamp his design, as we felt his previous design in C&C Renegade was lacking. We hope you like the new design!

gdisoldier04eo0wz4.th.jpgrenxgdisoldier02uc3fn6.th.jpg

Rocket Launcher

The Corbrette MMS-60 "Locust" Rocket Launcher is a revolutionary design. With the ability to hold a massive six rockets per clip, the rocket launcher can deliver massive firepower to enemies without worrying about long reload times. The rocket launcher is a prime anti-vehicle weapon, which is now looking better than ever. Check it out:

rlwip14go7.th.jpg

Pistol

The SP-60 "Falcon" Pistol is every soldier's best friend. It is a silenced weapon, making it useful for quiet attacks on infantry. Every pistol comes with unlimited ammo, and it is a useful backup if your primary weapon is low on ammunition.

wip10hz0sc9.th.jpg

Under

Under was C&C Renegade's first map, first featured over six and a half years ago in the demo. The team's proud to announce that we are in the process of working on this great map. The creator has decided to take an icier approach. Mind you, it is still a work in progress and we will be showing off the final product in another update.

4x9613tmpnc9.th.jpgwws60atmpwn4.th.jpg

Nod Turret

The Nod turret is Nod's secondary defense, next to the Obelisk. They will be playing a bigger role in Renegade X, as the AI Turret in Renegade was not very affective due to the slow reload times and bad aim.

turret1rq1.th.jpg

Ramjet Rifle

The Ramjet Rifle belongs to Havoc and Sakura, the main characters in C&C Renegade. Codenamed Hawkeye, it fired jet propelled shells at high velocities, capable of piercing the heaviest body and damaging or even outright crippling military ordnance.

ramjet02wn2jr4.th.jpgramjet03zh2fv5.th.jpg

GDI Guard Tower

The Guard Tower is a secondary defense seldom used by GDI. We see it in some custom maps. It has a heavy machine gun, which obliterates enemy infantry from far away.

z6g109tmpbj3.th.jpg

• Former Developers

Automatic Rifle

The AR-70 Automatic Rifle code named "Raptor" is the weapon of choice for all front line infantry. It's ability to hold a massive one hundred round clip allows all combat troopers to lay some heavy supression fire on the enemy's location. Attached on the sides are two heat sink pannels which absorbs the heat from the barrel reducing it's chances to warp and jam the gun. Corbrette also equiped the guns with their D.M.S. (Digital Munitions System) to give the user constant feed back on the status of their weapon which let them know when it's time to pull back and reload.

n0w9ftmprg1.th.jpgarwip50gz4tn5.th.jpg

Wallpapers

The Renegade X team has a special treat for its devotees: two new wallpapers. The first featuring the GDI and Nod basic infantry wielding their Autorifles, and the second, a wallpaper of the Hand of Nod.

1680sk2.th.jpg1680tu0.th.jpg

Music!

And now moving on to the music. Over the past couple months, our music composers have been working on some professional remakes and originals based on the C&C series. We've prepared downloads for you all if you'd like to listen to our spectacular pieces, you can download below.

Here is the music:

#1. 'Command&Conquer' Remake (C&C Renegade): Rock, techno

#2. 'Got a Present For' Ya Remake (C&C Renegade): Rock

#3. 'On the Prowl' Remake (C&C 95): Soft-styled

#4. 'In the Line of Fire' Remake (C&C Renegade): Rock, orchestral

#5. 'Act on Instinct' Remake (C&C 95): Rock, orchestral

#6. 'Death Awaits' (original): Soft, orchestral

#7. 'Valiant' (original): Rock, piano

#8. 'March to Doom' Remake (C&C95): Orchestral

#9. 'No Mercy' Remake (C&C 95): Rock, orchestral

#10. 'Full Stop' Remake (C&C 95): Rock

#11. 'Industrial' Remake (C&C 95): Soft

Download any of the songs here!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/renegade-x/downloads

Renegade TV

I'd finally like to announce a new project we are bringing to you, Renegade TV!

Renegade TV is project which we've been working on. It will be an internet show, where an episode will be released at the beginning of every month from now on. The show will feature the latest news in the C&C Renegade community, mod news and trailers, video of the month, answers to questions and opinion.

Each episode will be up to 10 minutes long, and we will be releasing more information about our first episode soon!

Anyways we hope you've enjoyed this update, and happy gaming!

http://www.renegade-x.com

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Jul 15 2008, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyways it appears that the Mod DB link to the music isn't showing all of our pieces, but rather it's awaiting authorization.

So if you want the music mentioned in my first post:

http://renegade-x.com/staff/RenegadeX_July_15_Music.zip[/b]

1. Daaamn Under looks so cool :blink: can´t wait to play the mod !

2. Real good tracks ! Renegade X_Industrial rocks ! :)

3. Can you pls upload the song from the third video ?

THX
LeecherbS

Damn you have me drooling all over my keyboard! Like every other Renegade fan I want to play this game! Yeah you call it a Mod but my guess is that it will pull UT3s sorry ass out of the dumpster when it comes out as EVERYONE who has ever played and loved Renegade will want your mod and will have to buy UT3 to be able to play it.

We are talking about a Renegade Resurection here!

Any idea when we might be able to assist you in your debugging efforts by play testing the beta or even the alpha? (Pretty subtle approach huh!)

Keep these drool clips coming!

Wiz

This is Awesome.

This is almost exactly like Renegade, except it looks way better, and it sounds way better :D

I'm gonna buy UT3 for this when it comes out.

In the meantime I will play more Renegade, it's awesome.

PS I see some renegaders here :P hi!

Good job on the mod as a whole - the music is great.

I can tell that the artist responsible for Valiant is an Evanescence fan - or at least was heavily inspired by "Eternal" (Which happens to be one of my favorites, by the way).

Take a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkOe85lWROA

I heard that in the video and had difficulty figuring out where it was remixed from - trying to remember it from one of the C&Cs.

The mod is looking great - I might just have to buy UT3 just for this mod.... and a new computer..... Though I think mine can handle UT3.

This inspires me to go back to playing Renegade a little more online - I've not played much in the past year.

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey, yes the song Valiant did take direction and influence from Eternal. I was actually trying to find that song for a long time, because I have it, but it's unnamed. So I sent it to our artist, and told him to make our own with influence from that song.

And thanks for interest in the mod.

QUOTE (Aim-64C @ Jul 25 2008, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good job on the mod as a whole - the music is great.

I can tell that the artist responsible for Valiant is an Evanescence fan - or at least was heavily inspired by "Eternal" (Which happens to be one of my favorites, by the way).

Take a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkOe85lWROA

I heard that in the video and had difficulty figuring out where it was remixed from - trying to remember it from one of the C&Cs.

The mod is looking great - I might just have to buy UT3 just for this mod.... and a new computer..... Though I think mine can handle UT3.

This inspires me to go back to playing Renegade a little more online - I've not played much in the past year.[/b]

Cool. Never realized it was Evanescence (not a fan ). I had never heard the original before so I just "followed orders" (so to speak..hehe) and made a remix of the original track. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (pawkyfox @ Aug 4 2008, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope Ren-X destroys and squishes and blows away W3D Renegade into the deep abyss of the forgotten dead. I hope so and that is MY HOPE.[/b]

NO! W3D Renegade ftw

sure Ren X can blow us away but it will never blow out C&C Renegade because it is Ren X's roots! C&C Renegade is awesome and fun to play.

QUOTE (GummiBear @ Aug 5 2008, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not to mention it prolly is one of the easiest to mod engines so far[/b]

compared to the easibility of the UE3 W3D is shit, we can do so much more with the kismet then we could in the level edit and Gmax tools, look how fast were throwing stuff in game, havoc learned the unreal editor in like hours, and had our first vehicle in game and driveable about a week after we aquired the tools.

W3D is an easy engine to mod, but not as easy as unreal engine 3.

• 4 weeks later...

I put the GDI/Nod soldier as my background the Nod soldiers vest looks so real!

Oh I just wanted to point out in that particular picture the hole in the barrel that the bullet goes through looks to small unless of course it is a very small caliber.

QUOTE (Havoc89 @ Jul 15 2008, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Renegade TV

I'd finally like to announce a new project we are bringing to you, Renegade TV!

Renegade TV is project which we've been working on. It will be an internet show, where an episode will be released at the beginning of every month from now on. The show will feature the latest news in the C&C Renegade community, mod news and trailers, video of the month, answers to questions and opinion.

Each episode will be up to 10 minutes long, and we will be releasing more information about our first episode soon!

Anyways we hope you've enjoyed this update, and happy gaming![/b]

What happened with this? Are you still going to do it?

When can we expect the first episode?

• Totem Arts Staff

We're going to have to delay that for another couple months. The thing is Maty was going to be the main host for the show, but he's been busy and hasn't had time to do some recording. I definitely don't want to drop the idea completely, but I'd say expect to see the first episode in a couple months.