Goldrush is the shittiest map in game, no contest.

GatsuFox

It looks ugly.

The base set ups don't even match C&C.

GDI's base defense fucking sucks ass.

Nod's obelisk is glitched at a certain path on the bridge.

It takes all the sprint bar to reach one end of the map to another.

You can't see shit in the ugly ass lighting.

Nod can arty the GDI base but Nod's base is covered in mountains and a massive uphill slope.

Lame.

I don't -hate- the map in all ways but there's just those issues that particularly bothers me:

-Buildings too far apart (this pretty much guarantees a lame game at best)

-Lighting & color is not good

I mean, it wouldn't take THAT much for me. Just don't make building far apart from each other, it just doesn't work at all for Renegade I find. Lakeside is an interesting and good map in theory, but every game still ends up silly because of that.

And yes, I really do think its that big a deal.

I also hate how defenses work when it comes to a big map and a base thats just way too big.

So...

You don't like the look of it.

AGT could use a wider shooting angle and being moved back a bit.

There is a bug.

It is big.

AGT could use a wider shooting angle and being moved back a bit.

Shit, put a little more effort into your complaints. 1 bug, 1 genuine balance complaint, rest is just "I don't like dis".

I don't -hate- the map in all ways but there's just those issues that particularly bothers me:

-Buildings too far apart (this pretty much guarantees a lame game at best)

I mean, it wouldn't take THAT much for me. Just don't make building far apart from each other, it just doesn't work at all for Renegade I find. Lakeside is an interesting and good map in theory, but every game still ends up silly because of that.

And yes, I really do think its that big a deal.

I also hate how defenses work when it comes to a big map and a base thats just way too big.

Bigger bases means longer response time for defenders, which forces defenders to have players covering all avenues of attack to scout, then reporting back to their team before an attack comes so the defenders can scramble into position. This is a good thing.

Base defenses covering only part of a base forces both sides to pay more attention to infantry and mine better. Again, forcing teams to be more aware of what's going on in the field to defend properly is a good thing. Only main problem with defenses is that SBH shouldn't be able to get everywhere in the GDI base so easily. Nod Turrets are so much better placed and deal so much more damage than GDI Towers that it's almost comical.

Edited by Guest

Bigger bases means longer response time for defenders, which forces defenders to have players covering all avenues of attack to scout, then reporting back to their team before an attack comes so the defenders can scramble into position. This is a good thing.

Base defenses covering only part of a base forces both sides to pay more attention to infantry and mine better. Again, forcing teams to be more aware of what's going on in the field to defend properly is a good thing. Only main problem with defenses is that SBH shouldn't be able to get everywhere in the GDI base so easily. Nod Turrets are so much better placed and deal so much more damage than GDI Towers that it's almost comical.

You have to do this even if the bases are smaller. Even small bases are ridiculously vulnerable. This adds nothing. Lets not make this game about ridiculous coordination either, because even with the smallest of bases like Field people still slip in out of every corner.

While I do think it's a bit biased to Nod, I do enjoy the map.

It would be better if GDI had a more reliable means of getting into Nod's base. Nod can just stroll up to the barracks if are no mines. GDI needs to do some LOSing of the Obelisk.. and that can be finicky in a server... especially if there are Nod players defending.

I don't mind Gold rush, all it needs at the moment is some balancing out.

Guard towers need to be improved, they suck like nod turrets did in Renegade.

and the agt needs to be moved where in can cover more of the base, possibly move the refinery from where it is, to the left side of the WF. That way the AGT will have a direct line of fire to the Barracks and Power plant.

You have to do this even if the bases are smaller. Even small bases are ridiculously vulnerable. This adds nothing. Lets not make this game about ridiculous coordination either, because even with the smallest of bases like Field people still slip in out of every corner.

Not really.

If, say, 8 Gunners rush through the Field tunnel and start shooting your Airstrip, a Technician has enough time to run from the Hand/OB/Refinery to the strip and keep it alive. So basically as long as you have a few defenders who are on the ball and watching out, Nod won't lose the building.

In a map like Goldrush, Nod needs to have someone watching the Gunners run out of the Barracks and into the center for the Technician to get to the Hand in time to save it. This allows for more elements of map control and distraction to come into play. Of course at the same time, the GDI players will be out of their base for a longer time while running across the map on Goldrush. That means that Nod also has an opportunity to counter-rush the GDI base through the open field while a large number of their players aren't around to shove them off.

And that adds... what? There's already plenty of map control and awareness, noticing a gunner rush early is big help and not noticing it doesn't have to be a death sentence if the response is fast. Having the field and having the tunnel is already very important, buildings being farther apart wouldn't change that, except that now that tech -might- have been in the wrong building and has no chance WHATSOEVER to get there in time, ever. Brilliant, maybe we should just have 1 AFK Tech in each building then, while we're at it.

I won't speak to the general design, it's not a forté of mine and I just haven't had enough time on the map in proper competition anyway.

But I think it looks really nice! The dusky sunset thing is cool! One of my favorite things about this game is how every single map currently in the game looks so completely different from the other in nearly every way, not just textures but lighting, skyline, time of day, even weather effects. It's fantastic, and props to the mappers on that.

I've actually got the urge to do a doge - meme especially for this thread going like "So Beta" "much information", but I think the effort wouldn't repay. The thread - creator does not know that there are options for lightning, does he?

Otherwise than that, thanks for the appreciated criticism (from the other ones.).

Tbh I like Goldrush and Lakeside the best. Brand new maps with brand new strategies. I really think you guys just haven't figured out the true potential of the map. It has a lot of places you can sneak into: almost every building on both GDI and Nod. Once you guys start developing strategies I think you will find the map much more enjoyable.

Tbh I like Goldrush and Lakeside the best. Brand new maps with brand new strategies. I really think you guys just haven't figured out the true potential of the map. It has a lot of places you can sneak into: almost every building on both GDI and Nod. Once you guys start developing strategies I think you will find the map much more enjoyable.

2nd this.

And yes, guard towers should go back to hitscan and shitty aiming. But they were really good at it. Even a single guard tower back was able of keeping multiple technicians at bay. Also add another guard tower to the GDI base please, although your criticism on the Nod base placement is unfair, the criticism on the GDI base isn't.

Also don't move the AGT back because getting shot for only a millisecond would result in getting your face shot in pieces, whereas the obelisk gives you over a second to run and hide. Common sense, people! If you placed the AGT back i'm pretty sure the Nod base was the one that was impossible to cover, amirite? Or am i just saying something without actually testing it thoroughly online?

It is big. True. I don't think it will be a playable map on servers below 40 players.

Map needs to be fixed. That's for sure. Although it seems (or it is) unbalanced (easier access there, better view point for them etc) it just requires different unconventional tactics for both teams and extremely good cooperation on basic level. I don't think that disqualifies the map from playing. Map is hard : ) And this is her biggest advantage and flaw.

I've actually got the urge to do a doge - meme especially for this thread going like "So Beta" "much information", but I think the effort wouldn't repay. The thread - creator does not know that there are options for lightning, does he?

Otherwise than that, thanks for the appreciated criticism (from the other ones.).

I turn off all lighting and ambient options in every game I play. It still looks terrible. Such an ugly looking map.

I dont mind it now that I got all the strategic locations memorized. Its not my favorite map (Mesa II takes that prize), but its enjoyable.

Mesa II is great aside from two things: The lightning is too loud and NOD can easily sneak into the GDI base by hugging the cliff. GDI should have a normal guard tower or something watching near the tib area like NOD has their turrets.

I like this map just fine. Why do you people have to be so negative and hateful? Remember it's a FREE game.

I like complaining. It's fun. Complaining is a form of feedback.

goldrush and lakeside are the only maps that dont absolutely fucking suck at the moment, you're probably a nod player. *yawn* whiteout and walls are just nodwins.mix, field is just GDIwins.mix Mesa has some questionable base designs but its good too.

Gold rush looks good, is well made, is none linear, big enough to make airstrikes not fucking unbearable in every respect there could possibly be for their reason in this game.

its a good map, period. get off the crack ffs and stop posting dumb things.

goldrush and lakeside are the only maps that dont absolutely fucking suck at the moment, you're probably a nod player. *yawn* whiteout and walls are just nodwins.mix, field is just GDIwins.mix Mesa has some questionable base designs but its good too.

Gold rush looks good, is well made, is none linear, big enough to make airstrikes not fucking unbearable in every respect there could possibly be for their reason in this game.

its a good map, period. get off the crack ffs and stop posting dumb things.

Meh, mediocre player who must be mad at me for destroying him in game. No need for the offense, not everyplace has to be like 4chan.

See you on the "none linear" field!

I actually sketched what I think GDI's base should look like. Of course it's IMO, but I think this is a much more viable set-up than the current one. Nod's base, on the other hand, is fine.

There are two things I think need changed:

1.) The flowing water by GDI's infantry bridge should insta-kill.

2.) The missile launcher on top of the AGT needs to be blocked just enough so it can't shoot Nod infantry that tries to use the goldmine roof battlements.

Personally, I have no gripes with the look of the map. I think the sunset ambiance is a nice touch! Overall, besides a few balance gripes, it's a good map!

I like the new maps! little tweak and polish and they are fine :)

I hate field, always did ... just a boring map

and I not like white out, i liked hourglass but white out just blows (sorry guys)

over all the mappers did a good job!

there are always certain maps that you not like

and certain aspects of maps that you not like even if you like the map in general

It would have surprised me if it was on time. im used to things never appearing when they say.

and i use the term "they" loosely, bus, train, plane, taxi, girlfriend, dev teams of varying descriptions and locations, paychecks, direct debits.

the list goes on. (and never stops)

It would have surprised me if it was on time. im used to things never appearing when they say.

and i use the term "they" loosely, bus, train, plane, taxi, girlfriend, dev teams of varying descriptions and locations, paychecks, direct debits.

the list goes on. (and never stops)

Just think of it in this way: the longer it takes for a patch to be released, the more additions there will be once it has been released. :D