Game is unplayable as hell with all the glitching.

GatsuFox

Will the patches be autodownloaded or will we have to grab them ourselves?

Fingers crossed on that, Volcom. I've noticed the glitch planting getting abused a few times when I play. Some other things that have bothered me are spontaneous deaths (not getting killed by another player, but your character dying instantly for no real reason).

This too. Nod players just tell you to shut up and stop crying when they pull that nonsense, but call you out on it when they get the same treatment on their ref.

Well ... hate to repeat it ... but ...

BETA!

FREE TIME PROJECT!

and i doubt it will die

some may leave because it takes too long to get finished, but many will at least check it once it is gold

because the game is free! ... and even if some not try it once it is done, they would not have stayed anyway ... only those who like the gameplay really much will stay or come back

so what ever ... i will stay :)

Glitch beacon planting and tiberium weapons through games are ruining the game and the playerbase.
Really though. TibAuto splash needs nerfed, it enables idiots who can't aim instead of making them learn how to actually aim, and that is unacceptable. Removing the tibauto and keeping the flechette would be ideal imo, but obviously this isn't a perfect world.
If this new patch doesn't fix this, its all over. This game will die.
Huzzah for hyperbolic melodrama.

Yeah, sure.

How many people playing now?

Yesterday at peak hours there was less than a 100 NA players. Population been dwindling since start of the beta and I do mean like crazy. How many will just magically come back and give the game a chance? You have no idea how I agree with the statement "the game will die". I'm scared shitless that this game is already in a hole it can't crawl back from and it end up with a small community that can't even keep a single 64 NA server filled.

Yeah, sure.

How many people playing now?

Yesterday at peak hours there was less than a 100 NA players. Population been dwindling since start of the beta and I do mean like crazy. How many will just magically come back and give the game a chance? You have no idea how I agree with the statement "the game will die". I'm scared shitless that this game is already in a hole it can't crawl back from and it end up with a small community that can't even keep a single 64 NA server filled.

I said the population would die even before playing. I've uninstalled the game as well after making a few youtube videos. Most people only played it out of curiosity. the game is boring to most modern gamers even though the rewards are real when you play and the teamwork matters the gun play is bad in comparison to modern shooters.

I said the population would die even before playing. I've uninstalled the game as well after making a few youtube videos. Most people only played it out of curiosity. the game is boring to most modern gamers even though the rewards are real when you play and the teamwork matters the gun play is bad in comparison to modern shooters.

Thats where we have nothing in common. The shooting mechanic in Renegade are basically superior to every shooter that happened in the last 7 years. If people can't see that, then I really will never be playing a FPS ever again after this. Ironsights gameplay and realistic crap that all the games uses are far worse than this. It really wasn't my point. If thats the only thing keeping people away then they deserved to stay away.

I'm sure some have left because they can't take mechanics that are actually good, however I was just talking in terms of overall stability, glitches, balance, lag... all of which are plentiful and push people away, even myself, who stopped playing until the patch hits.

Well, I enjoyed Red Orchestra. Does that make me a guy without taste? I think the gunplay in RX does feel underwhelming compared to RO at times, but this is another game. Both games are about teamwork and have vehicles, but they are completely different, they are opposite sides of the sprectrum. They are both great in their ways, the same can be said about some of the modern shooters.

To not devolve completely to this slight off-topic, I am looking forward to the next patch. This game made me understand why people played original Ren for 11 years. Sidearm bug and beacon exploit are infuriating, but when I look at the other things I see glory. Glory of "yoloswag 240" c4 suicide runs in APCs. Glory of attacker's proper positioning and tactics during sieges and glory of saving that barracks below 10% and somehow stopping triple sbh nuke with the team (and the glory of succeding a triple sbh nuke, hehe). In general, people at first will see now OP tiberium auto rifles and how their base gets demolished by lone techs/hotties becouse they lack experience and these can make them bounce off this game, which is unfortunate, as I find this game increadibly fun. Hell, the menu music is stuck in my head for the entire week, it is that good.