Damage Vs Repair for Scoring

Enomily

Hey guys tried looking this up but couldnt find anything so sorry if it has already been discussed.

Does repairing reward the same score as damaging? Is it worth dropping some some spare C4 on something if they can just repair it? If they reward the same score then neither team has gained anything from that.

Again sorry if this has already been discussed.. I did try looking honest :D

That's probably to counter "point-whoring", where one team could sit right outside an enemy base and pepper the same building with repeated arty or missile fire for points alone. It didn't accomplish anything physically, but after ten minutes it would widen the point gap so that the opposing team could get the upper hand and still lose miserably by points.

The way it is now, I've seen teams come back from a 20-minute siege and still manage a point lead, so it feels more balanced.

That's probably to counter "point-whoring", where one team could sit right outside an enemy base and pepper the same building with repeated arty or missile fire for points alone. It didn't accomplish anything physically, but after ten minutes it would widen the point gap so that the opposing team could get the upper hand and still lose miserably by points.

The way it is now, I've seen teams come back from a 20-minute siege and still manage a point lead, so it feels more balanced.

And the reason they come back, is because you can repair for points constant damage, but you recieve no comphensation when you cant repair because they outright killed it, so the counter to that is just outright kill something, a building or a group of tanks, all score you cannot reclaim.

But if you purposely let a building die the other team's pointwhoring comes to a stop.

I remember GDI won games on Field if they let the WF die. And you could get kicked for team-hampering if you repaired it.

But if you purposely let a building die the other team's pointwhoring comes to a stop.

I remember GDI won games on Field if they let the WF die. And you could get kicked for team-hampering if you repaired it.

That's why I prefer marathon. That server can keep their "let wf die" baloney.

That's why I prefer marathon. That server can keep their "let wf die" baloney.

Or see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=72904

The only reason Marathon exists is because winning by points is stupid. Better to remove it and let games end without a winner than the extend a game forever.

Marathon games exist for people who like playing for hours until one team wins. I enjoy it on occasion. Not because I don't like points victories, but because marathons are just a different breed of C&C mode.

I think that defenders get too many points as of right now. We have airstrikes to break enemy point whoring. Defenders don't need to get more points.

As of right now, it's more common for the "losing" team to actually win after the time limit because of their defensive points. Repairing buildings, killing enemy rushes, disarming C4/beacons. At most, doing all of that should even you out with the attackers, but definitely not put you in a points lead.

Yeah the points system really needs to be redone. I liked the way it was in renegade, personally. The only exception was that nod was able to get a points lead much quickerthan GDI in most cases, but I feel as if the edited mrls and mammy may have already fixed that. The amount of points earned for each task is currently highly unbalanced.