New content?

Unify

Don't misquote me because you either realize I'm right or completely failed to understand what I was saying.

"Fun" is not a factor of balance. Fun is a factor of gameplay. Balance is measured by the final result statistics, whereas fun and gameplay are measured by opinion. My point is that you can't compare the two as if they are relatable. Just because a game is fun does not directly mean the game is balanced, and vice versa. They *can* be correlated with each other, but then again - so can ice cream and suicide statistics. Causation and correlation are two different things. You're implying that fun is a factor into the causation of a balanced game. It is not.

I can think the game is the most fun game ever. If the end result is that nod wins 90% of the games, however, the game is not balanced, regardless of my opinion on how fun it is. Two different measurements entirely, my friend. Don't make the mistake of putting them together.

But if those classes are balanced out with the other units (I.e. nod having better stealth vehicles, but GDI have more firepower in their infantry selection), then the balance in comparing classes doesn't really matter, in terms of balance per faction. Once again, that would be measured by the win % of each team per map.

The thing is, if the map was played 200 times and half the time GDI won and the other half Nod won, it doesn't really matter HOW they won as long as they DID win.

During war time, you don't knock on your enemy's door and say "Dude your nuke is OP, please nerf!" You make due with the stuff you have to pull off a victory.

If Nod was winning 80% of the time on a single map, that means that a tactic that Nod uses is hard for GDI to counter and thus causes GDI to lose game after game. But if the win rate is equal, it means that both teams have even chances to achieve victory.

The teams are asymmetrical so you have to quite honestly think differently when playing on each one. You know what the enemy is capable of so you do what you can to counter that. If you're on GDI, spend some more time fortifying your base to defend from SBHs. If your Nod, use your quicker vehicles to harass GDI's more sturdy formations.

It's not a matter of Nod Unit X vs GDI Unit Y. It's which GDI units would be good to counter Nod Unit X? The dynamics of the game is what drives teamplay. If each team had the same units balanced with each other then it would just be a boring rock-paper-scissors fest.