Hackers make the game frustrating.

Taramafor

Speed hackers in this case. One of them was "TakeThePoint" and he went from the base enterence to the barracks in one second. Where I then proceeded to engage him to no avail due to him moving so quickly. He wasn't the only one though, I noticed at least one other whos name I didn't catch. And the idiot was then foolish enough to pretend to be me by talking with my name, which was yellow, yet red when he talked. Nice cover. ._.

Funny thing is that they still lost, even with the hackers. And us having no refinery. Ha! But case in point, people like this need to be stopped and stronger anti hacking needs to be put in place. People like this only lead to frustrating gameplay and end up killing games. It's not going to stop me from playing the game but it will defiantly make me switch servers, which is a pity when a server is active and the only other active ones are full.

Sorry if it's the wrong section. Wasn't sure where to put this so I stuck it in general. I'd also like to know where to report hackers for future reference. Also, adding a record option to the game would help with this as well as make the game more entertaining and provide vids to distribute to other people (I've already sent some gameplay footage to some others who are now getting into the game).

I also got hackers on furry pound.They were "Ace" , "Player" , "Green Turtle". They somehow could use other player names to speak thing such as they somehow used by name to speak i dunno how.They will have probably changed their names.They used speed hacks,hacks that allowed them to use other team terminals.

Totem arts Renegade X should only be allowed to be played if you have an account so admins can ban em otherwise random hackers can get away with hacking.

What a shame. Hacking in a game where hacking gives you nothing in return. It's not like in CoD where you can get ranks up or anything. There's literally no reward.

they just want to kill the fun and troll ... thats their reward

rampant speedhacker who's ingame name changes all the time as he's killing you so it always says You killed yourself.

i got a video of it, but pretty unlikely you can use it to get him banned.

i played with you a minute ago :3 i didnt notice any hackers besides gdi base got nuked constantly on walls even though there were 10 guys around it and i was just over there in a chinook that failed horribly.

I don't see it as a reward either. I've been playing with hacks one time, and that was in Red Faction like 10 years ago.. The hack gave you a golden gun which fired superfast, and you could fly and run through walls. It was fun for maybe 5 minutes, then I uninstalled the hack and never resorted to using hacks every again.

What a shame. Hacking in a game where hacking gives you nothing in return. It's not like in CoD where you can get ranks up or anything. There's literally no reward.

How is that a reward? Man people are messed up.

Oh comon ... some people are messed up!

I am sure they have serious issues, probably realy dissapointing life, no attention of their beloved, just no friends or bullied ...

They are happy to stand in the focus, get actual attention by a lot of people ... everybody talking about them, for this very moment they are the star of the server ...

OR they want to piss other people off like life pisses them off, make others feel the same anger they do

they want others on their level of feelings, since they can not get to the level of "normal" people they drag em down to their low level

thats a reward for them ...

people with a straight mind do not do this ...

and i think the most of them still are very young (under 25) or/and have an unfinished mind

(While there is no way to ban them) Best way to deal with them:

Ignore them, not even talk about them, maybe stop playing seriously

they will lose interest very quick

sadly thats not going to happen on a server, you wont get 31 players ignoring a cheater

Second best way:

Switch server

hope there will be a way to ban them soon ... some kind of hardware hash or something

Speed hackers in this case. One of them was "TakeThePoint" and he went from the base enterence to the barracks in one second. Where I then proceeded to engage him to no avail due to him moving so quickly.

All you had to do was take the point, CJ!

And an ip-ban isnt't an option in these cases?

IP ban does nothing ...

In many countries you have a dynamic IP ...

My IP changes every time I reconnect to the internet ...

and VPN is very cheap and easy to use for everyone ...

IP ban is a joke, and not a good one :P

I thought there was a solution posted against the speed hack.

only if server owners change the values ... seems there still a lot who did not

and there is no solution to enemies using your PT yet :(

2 things to keep in mind. While I agree with you they are annoying as hell, this is an open beta, which means the kinks are still being worked out. As well, as long as there are games there will be hackers; it's inevitable. No game is hack proof. It's just something we have to put up with and find ways to moderate. If you don't let them get under your skin, that fun they are having doing it will disappear along with the hackers themselves.

How is that a reward? Man people are messed up.

When I was in 2nd grade I built an AWESOME sandcastle on the playground. It took me all recess. Then some random kid who I didn't know came up and stomped all over it. I was devasted. He was elated.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

As did I.

And BTW everyone, there is no IP ban yet (that Im aware of). Implementing a "Require Steam" feature or an IP ban will mostly fix this issue, both of which are planned in the future.

As did I.

And BTW everyone, there is no IP ban yet (that Im aware of). Implementing a "Require Steam" feature or an IP ban will mostly fix this issue, both of which are planned in the future.

People can create infinite alt accounts on steam. That won't fix the problem.

Try sticking to servers that are moderated.

hopefully at least the name change thing can be fixed or restricted? its the unreal engine so im assuming opening the console and typing setname playername still works?

maybe disable the console window, disallow the name change once the games running etc?

As did I.

People can create infinite alt accounts on steam. That won't fix the problem.

Try sticking to servers that are moderated.

The steam account system is a hell of a lot harder to create a ton of different usernames with than RenX's current system. At the very least, banning a nick will get them off the server for a few minutes.

And the issue with these is that they cant be easily moderated without an IP ban.

hopefully at least the name change thing can be fixed or restricted? its the unreal engine so im assuming opening the console and typing setname playername still works?

maybe disable the console window, disallow the name change once the games running etc?

Disabling the console window is not an option.

Messing with people is pretty fun. Like being a Mingebag on Garry's Mod. I don't know how many people know what that is, but if they do they'd probably know that it's fun.

Not that I support the bastards. That's why we have vote-kick, right?

Messing with people is pretty fun. Like being a Mingebag on Garry's Mod. I don't know how many people know what that is, but if they do they'd probably know that it's fun.

how do you votekick someone when they copy a regular player's name and it changes every second?

how do you votekick someone when they copy a regular player's name and it changes every second?

Hit ctrl then N the what ever number is for kick I think its 5. Then it will bring up a list of names with the player id all you do is find their id and type it in. Really really easy to find the ones that have the name changer, because it will actually update the name in the list as soon as it changes. But it can be hard to get everyone else to vote yes...

I actually enjoy the name changing and hope it doesn't get changed. In Renegade you could just connect with a different name so it doesn't exactly matter anyhow. Getting the player ID of a player is quite simple and it doesn't change when changing names in-game either.