The shotgun is staggeringly weak

I've been killed (with an expensive unit) by shotties very quickly. Hit location and health play a key role in this game. This isn't COD or any of its knockoffs where everyone instantly dies in 1-2 shots. Aim for the head and make sure you're close when you fire. Otherwise use your secondary weapon. Even if it takes 10 shots due to poor accuracy you can still win. The shotgun is easy to aim and at least do some damage with while on the run. Sprint around and get in their faces. I'm talking pointblank range. It's harder to aim precise rifle/whatever shots at that range than it is to fire the shotgun into them. As their health plunges they will likely panic and try to create distance. Don't give it to them.

The only complaint I have against the shotgun is too large of a spread but then again 99% of all video games pull that shit for some reason.

I shot alot with double barreled shotgun, so yea i can agree that all games have ridiculous spread compared to the real world.

But then again all weapons in most newer games have ridiculous spread compared to the real world. :P

• 2 weeks later...
The shotgun definitely feels more powerful this time around. That being said I'm surprised it didn't kill an engineer point blank with a headshot who was defusing a nuclear strike beacon.

It doesn't do headshot damage.

Shotgun feels incredibly hard to aim sometimes with the crosshair being a wide circle, makes getting a full load on someone so much harder :(

I dont think the shotgun is weak, I feel its cone of fire is way to large. You pretty much have to be at melee range to get any real effect, and very rarely can people get that close. I think it needs a smaller cone of fire and it will be perfect.

• 1 year later...