Game occasionally freezes for several seconds

Had this a few times now. Mostly on Whiteout but have had it on walls too. Occasionally the game will completely freeze for several seconds before resuming. The most common factor I have noticed when it does this is that a vehicle had just exploded.

I remember posting a thread here before the subforums went up detailing this exact issue. Now that I think about it, it only happens on Walls for me. If I'm lucky, it'll only freeze for about 15 seconds, but most of the time it'll freeze for about 30 seconds and then return me to the main menu or even crash completely.

I have had the same, image freezes for several seconds and then the game resumes. And I got that in Red Orchestra 2 too, which also uses unreal engine.

I turns out my problem came from 334.89 Nvidia drivers, I don't have this problem anymore now I came back to 332.21. It solved my problem in both games.

Now only problem I have with renegade X is a freeze forcing me to kill the process, which is very rare about 1 freeze in a 4 hours session (and the well documented map changing bug).

I have had the same, image freezes for several seconds and then the game resumes. And I got that in Red Orchestra 2 too, which also uses unreal engine.

I turns out my problem came from 334.89 Nvidia drivers, I don't have this problem anymore now I came back to 332.21. It solved my problem in both games.

Now only problem I have with renegade X is a freeze forcing me to kill the process, which is very rare about 1 freeze in a 4 hours session (and the well documented map changing bug).

I'm using 332.21 just now.

What's odd is that I never had this problem in the closed beta, nor have I changed drivers since then.

I had this happen yesterday a few times again. Interestingly, when a Nod APC exploded I could see an explosion texture stretched out into infinity, going across my entire screen. I pressed the screenshot key but it didn't capture the aforementioned stretched explosion, unfortunately.

I can attest to this game-interrupting freeze as well.

I had this happen yesterday a few times again. Interestingly, when a Nod APC exploded I could see an explosion texture stretched out into infinity, going across my entire screen. I pressed the screenshot key but it didn't capture the aforementioned stretched explosion, unfortunately.

Shame that the screenshot wasn't captured. I just formed an hysterical mental image, actually lol'd.

I upload my 5 recent game crash, this happen quite often as you can see...

If you need more files/game crash log or anything else tell me I'll upload it as well.

The crash happen most of the time when my tank explode.

My config :

- AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8G

- Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H

- ATI Radeon HD 5850 DDR5 1GB 256 BIT

- 4GB DDR3 1333

- Win 7 64 bits

A special thanks for the team, even with these crash I enjoy the game so much, keep it up guys :)

logs_launche-backup_by_sam93931.zip

Back for some feedback.

I had freezes (a few seconds long, happened in RO2 too) which were resolved by installing another nvidia driver, but I think what made the trick was a clean installation of the driver.

But I can confirm I have these freezes too sometimes when vehicles explode.

I play with a friend and on several occasions we had the freeze at the same moment.

• 2 weeks later...

This happens on both of our machines. What triggers it is a vehicle explosion (seems to be frozen right when the explosion starts. The lockup lasts maybe 30 seconds or so, and it seems like its only people near the explosion when it happens that are affected. Input from your machine is transmitted as people had mentioned, so you can move around but sounds and visual are both locked up solid.

Machine 1

AMD FX-8120

AMD Radeon HD 5770

Windows 8 Pro

16GB DDR3

Machine 2

AMD FX-6100

AMD Radeon HD 6770

Windows 8 Pro

8GB DDR3

I've also had the lockup on my laptop:

Machine 3

Intel i7 U-something something

AMD Radeon HD 8750M

Windows 8.1 Enterprise

Same but worst, I freeze like 5 times in 5 minutes... Each time, a tank was exploding. Hope it's will be fix soon. Are you (developpers) still wondering why it happen? Do you need more files or anything? I'll be glad to help so you can fix it as soon as possible :)

I'm 99% sure this has something to do with vehicles exploding. Most times I crash I have an exploding vehicle on screen and the other times there's probably one nearby.

Also sometimes when a vehicle explodes, just for like a frame or two, you can see the debris of that vehicle but they are HUGE.

Yeah no matter your specs this seems to be an issue. Ive tried on multiple machines. All nividia graphics cards though. Mostly with vehicles. Although that's just the unreal engine it seems like. Nether(quite an interesting survival game btw) runs off the unreal engine and their vehicle lag is even more atrocious, but exactly the same. Maybe its a coincidence?

• 1 month later...

Bug severity: very high

When any vehicle explodes (about 25% cases) game freezes for 6-30 seconds, drops to the main menu (after freeze releases), or UDK.exe process crashes with exception code 0xc0000005.

Noticed at “very low” graphic settings.

Solution:

Setting “Detail Level” and “Effects LOD” to “High” reduces the frequency of bug occurrence from 30% to about 3%.

Tested on ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 1Gb

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00GHz, 4Gb DDR2, Windows7 x64 Ultimate

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I've recently installed the Beta 3 update and wondered if anyone has made any progress on this bug? (It was also apparent in Beta 2)

The game frequently locks up when witnessing a vehicle explode (particularly ground vehicles) - it either hangs for 10+ seconds and resumes or boots you out of the game and back to the main menu, which is obviously frustrating. However as long as you don't actually see it explode you're fine.

From what I've observed it doesn't seem to matter what your proximity is to the explosion, for instance when I was recently driving around in the GDI base on the Walls map my screen caught only half the visual animation of a tank exploding on the far side of the map nearest to the Nod base and even this out of the corner of my screen was enough to trigger it to freeze. It normally locks mid animation with an orange fireball. I tried to take a screenshot unfortunately it didn't capture the game screen.

Happens most frequently on Walls and Whiteout, although other maps aren't immune either.

If it can't easily be fixed even an option in the game settings to disable or mute vehicle explosions would be welcome. I'm grateful for all the work you guys have put into getting the game where it is. :)

Most of my game settings are set to low, reduced or turned off.

System specs:

Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

Windows 7 64bit

4GB Ram

Intel Core Q6600 2.4 GHz

ren-x_log.zip