Enemy Uniform=No Obelisk/AGT attacks

the current spy crates are totally worthless, i get attacked more often by my own team mates even without a spycrate, its so hard to tell who is an enemy or not some times that everyone lets off a few shots just to be sure.

when your a spy those just a few shots quickly turn into an inescapable barrage. spys need to be SBH.

Spies are definitely underpowered right now.

The reason being they show up with the original name colors, they show up as red when you aim around them, basically they still completely show up as enemies except for their uniforms which makes them WAY WAY WAY too easy to detect.

Even if the ONLY way to detect them would be to shoot them, it would still be really easy to detect them, but might give you a chance. Its still really easy considering you could just tell there's a spy because of the dumb message telling EVERYONE (which is kind of lame).

I mean, I'm just saying here. I like the spy mechanic, just don't like how it is.

And the regular gaurd towers and turrets will still shoot at you. Kind of a big, "kill this guy" sign ya know.

Oh... uh.. what?

Wasn't the whole point of spies to have an alternative option passed base defenses?

I suppose. I got a spy crate on goldrush and went behind the barracks to go to the GDI power plant. The little guard tower right in front of the door decided to shoot at me.

I think spies should not be SBH. I never enjoyed that in old Ren even when it benefited me.

This is what I think needs to change with the current spy system.

1: No automated defenses should react to you.

2: Your name shouldn't show up AT ALL unless you kill someone, die, or have some other announcement involving you. The only thing giving you away should be the fact that when someone on that team is close to you is that your name isn't there.

That would fix spies to be better. As it currently stands I can detect spies easily no matter how nonchalant or sneaky they are. I see a yellow name on a NOD and I fire at it. I see a red name on a GDI and I fire at it. It hasn't failed yet and it isn't hard to spot.

A separate thing I would like to happen to spies would be to ditch the automatic change. You should be teleported into your infantry building and allowed to choose the enemy class you want to be. If you pick SBH you are not invisible to either team, instead appearing like an allied sbh to them so as to prevent old Ren spy being so OP (seriously the same spy being able to plant beacon after beacon while a whole team searches for them). With this change of being teleported and choosing you don't suffer the utterly retarded disadvantage of the enemy spotting what type of unit is the spy and everyone just watching for that. A spy should be deceptive in nature.

I think spies should not be SBH. I never enjoyed that in old Ren even when it benefited me.

This is what I think needs to change with the current spy system.

1: No automated defenses should react to you.

2: Your name shouldn't show up AT ALL unless you kill someone, die, or have some other announcement involving you. The only thing giving you away should be the fact that when someone on that team is close to you is that your name isn't there.

Well half the time my allies' names don't show up right now anyway, so that wouldn't help. :P Agreed on the defenses.
A separate thing I would like to happen to spies would be to ditch the automatic change. You should be teleported into your infantry building and allowed to choose the enemy class you want to be. If you pick SBH you are not invisible to either team, instead appearing like an allied sbh to them so as to prevent old Ren spy being so OP (seriously the same spy being able to plant beacon after beacon while a whole team searches for them). With this change of being teleported and choosing you don't suffer the utterly retarded disadvantage of the enemy spotting what type of unit is the spy and everyone just watching for that. A spy should be deceptive in nature.
Noo, this is not a good idea because it'll set you back half the map. What if you get teleported into a structure just getting nuked? Why should you have to make it back through hordes of enemies that, as you yourself said, can easily detect you if they're paying attention?

Dislike.

Uh as it stands you pick up a crate out in the field (where the enemy probably can see you) and it announces that someone on your team got a spy crate. It's very easy to see who and/or what class they got spawned as from the crate. This totally defeats the point as the entire enemy team will know what you are. Not to mention the biggest benefit of being a spy is having a beacon to nuke/ion with. Which means surviving to go pick it up (unless you are stupid enough to carry beacons while getting crates with how often they kill you). It's not easy to survive the return trip. I know if I see an enemy spy I pull out all the stops to kill them even if I die too. Having a spy is more useful and rare than any unit I might have (unless the refinery is dead that is).

Getting teleported back to a safe area where you can buy a beacon seems like a better thing.

As long as the reticle turns green for both teams if they are aiming at a spy, i'm happy. This way you actually have to come closer to them in order to check if it's a spy or not. But most of the times i get a spy crates i usually end up with a building kill, i just wait for the tunnels to be clear because vehicles seem to randomly shoot you when the reticle turns red while you think you're safe...

As long as the reticle turns green for both teams if they are aiming at a spy, i'm happy. This way you actually have to come closer to them in order to check if it's a spy or not. But most of the times i get a spy crates i usually end up with a building kill, i just wait for the tunnels to be clear because vehicles seem to randomly shoot you when the reticle turns red while you think you're safe...

Yeah, thats a mental thing I have programmed in my brain. Red reticule = Lclick

The issue with that is it isn't hard for everyone defending a base to catch someone who looks like a class from their team but has a red or yellow name. You have to come within name viewing distance to enter most bases. This defeats the whole point of being a spy. It's not even hard to tell when a (usually expensive) character comes running toward your base and they have the wrong color name you know to shoot them. It would be far less noticeable if they just had no name at all appearing. You'd still be able to know something's up if you're paying attention, but not be tipped off when someone runs past you like you would with different color names.

The only time I've seen the new spy system used effectively is in shooting vehicles and infantry as unwary people won't immediately suspect that friendly unit in the distance.