Steam Release?

perfectblue

I hope they add it to steam it would just be really convenient; it's already interfaced with steam though. There are eight steam achievements for this game, the game uses your steam name, and tracks your stats through steam if I'm correct.

How exactly does Renegade X currently work with steam? I've added it via non-steam games, but I feel I'm missing something.

Steam currently tracks it under "Unreal Development Kit", and is either saving statistics into steam cloud, or is pushing them onto a Renegade X server. That's how people's profiles show up on the leader boards tab of this website, because I didn't input any steam information anywhere within Renegade X itself.

I doubt it'll happen for a long time.. valve are extremely picky about what goes on there store.. especially for a free title, they get no profit for you downloading it from their system. Then you've got the problem of it being an EA IP, so they could prevent it from going on steam in favour of origin.

But who knows.

I doubt it'll happen for a long time.. valve are extremely picky about what goes on there store.. especially for a free title, they get no profit for you downloading it from their system. Then you've got the problem of it being an EA IP, so they could prevent it from going on steam in favour of origin.

But who knows.

Ohh man I can't believe I didn't think of that, your probably right EA would want it on origin to promote there system. That sucks I would never use origin, hopefully the devs can eventually get it on steam!

EA still got games on steam ... probably cuz of old contracts ...

BUT if they really want to take them off they could ...

EA could say something about not getting to steam ... but it also could bring vakue to EA if it were on steam

To clarify:

- Totem Arts does want to bring the game to steam, but are still waiting for permissian from EA as far as i know;

- Even if they had permission, they still need to bring this game out of open beta for a chance to be accepted in the steam 'catalogue'.

Edited by Guest

I do not think they actually need the permission of EA to put it on steam since EA already did allow them to distribute the game as long as they do have any income out of it ... except they did clealry exclude certain ways of distribution

on the other hand it would show gratitude to ask EA

but we also have no insight on the arrangements ... so anything is just speculation

all we know is, they want to put it on steam ... just hope it will happen ...

that would maybe give a larger community

I agree steam would be great for a small indie game like this,but I think the devs should deffinetly hold off until the game is in a MUCH better state.

I think that maybe open beta was a mistake,sadly these days there is A LOT of people who were trained by companies like EA,to hear the words beta,but actually think demo,so once they try it and see it's buggy they never look back.

Personaly,the current state of renegade(especially server wise)is a bit off puting to me,but even if I dont play it right now(or not more than 1-2 hours a day anyway)I would deffinetly keep following this game with great interest.

I think that maybe open beta was a mistake,sadly these days there is A LOT of people who were trained by companies like EA,to hear the words beta,but actually think demo,so once they try it and see it's buggy they never look back.

Personaly,the current state of renegade(especially server wise)is a bit off puting to me,but even if I dont play it right now(or not more than 1-2 hours a day anyway)I would deffinetly keep following this game with great interest.

C&C Renegade was a in a similar situation. their game was not finished yet but they eventualy were forced to release it anyhow. it was very buggy on release but nevertheless was a good game, and still holds an active playerbase 12 years later.