Stealth detection

Purdurabo

I am just wondering how exactly stealth works in this game, namely being seen while stealthed. Can I only be seen while moving, if I get too close to someone or am I completely invisible until I take an action? Also is there any way to detect stealthed units apart from base defences?

If you get too close to an enemy, or he gets too close to you, you can be seen. The same happens when you get shot. You become unstealthed temporarily when you shoot, and remain permanently unstealthed under 50 HP until your HP is repaired to above 50 again.

Lock on weapons can still lock on to you even when cloaked too.

Not sure if it's a bug because its pretty easy to spot a stealth tank this way.

Bug

Noo my bad, I thought he was asking if the vehicle stealth detection radius being smaller was intended. I'm not sure about that. I hope not and I would hope that gets fixed...

Intended

i noticed yesterday that shooting a SBH does not make its blue shiny silhouette like skin come up like it was in classic renegade ...

I was scanning for SBH with an APC gun, then I realy did hit one ...

but I only saw the blood where i did hit ...

in classic renegade the blue lucent skin of the SBH was visible for a short period after hit

If you get too close to an enemy, or he gets too close to you, you can be seen. The same happens when you get shot. You become unstealthed temporarily when you shoot, and remain permanently unstealthed under 50 HP until your HP is repaired to above 50 again.

I believe the unstealthed health limit is 25. I know I have been at about 30 and still stealthed.

• 2 weeks later...
What is the idea behind stanks being much harder to spot from within tanks? Even when shootong a stank with a med and hitting it, it does not.light up.

Imagine if you were driving a mammoth tank. You are driving the tank while in the middle of the vehicle. The vehicle does not look for you, you're the one with the eyes here. If you are able to spot a stealth tank from 10 meters, and if there was 10 meters between you and the edge of your vehicle, you still don't see him, because the distance between your vehicle and the enemy vehicle is smaller then the distance between the driver and the enemy vehicle. This makes it a lot harder to see cloaked units if you're driving a big vehicle.

A bit of common sense, really. But i do get your point.

What is the idea behind stanks being much harder to spot from within tanks? Even when shootong a stank with a med and hitting it, it does not.light up.

Imagine if you were driving a mammoth tank. You are driving the tank while in the middle of the vehicle. The vehicle does not look for you, you're the one with the eyes here. If you are able to spot a stealth tank from 10 meters, and if there was 10 meters between you and the edge of your vehicle, you still don't see him, because the distance between your vehicle and the enemy vehicle is smaller then the distance between the driver and the enemy vehicle. This makes it a lot harder to see cloaked units if you're driving a big vehicle.

True, but right now the gap is just too big between infantry and tanks and their ability to detect stealth. The gap needs to be, and is being tightened.

True, but right now the gap is just too big between infantry and tanks and their ability to detect stealth. The gap needs to be, and is being tightened.

Agreed. Nothing else needs to be said.

I beg to differ sir! I great deal of bitching potential can be found here. *cracks knuckles* unfortunately ive already made this thread elsewhere.

Mammys used to be able to see stanks at like 25 meters at least from their vehicle and sbh at like 5, now its 0 you simply cant see them at all.

I beg to differ sir! I great deal of bitching potential can be found here. *cracks knuckles* unfortunately ive already made this thread elsewhere.

Mammys used to be able to see stanks at like 25 meters at least from their vehicle and sbh at like 5, now its 0 you simply cant see them at all.

You may have misunderstood. We agree with you. What we are advocating, and what is happening in the next patch, is tanks will be able to see stealth from farther away than they currently can.

You may have misunderstood. We agree with you. What we are advocating, and what is happening in the next patch, is tanks will be able to see stealth from farther away than they currently can.

i know, i was joking about not agreeing. lol

its pretty funny tho in 2 or so recent games ive had my nod team win by basically all going stealth and stealing the gdi vehicles when their engineer drivers popped out tyo repair.

looks like locking your vehicles with L is not obvious enough in this game, or is it not working?

its pretty funny tho in 2 or so recent games ive had my nod team win by basically all going stealth and stealing the gdi vehicles when their engineer drivers popped out tyo repair.

looks like locking your vehicles with L is not obvious enough in this game, or is it not working?

The locking doesent affect enemies. Stealing the enemies tanks is part of the game.

yesterday i had less than 15 health and i became stealthed, but it took much longer than normal

yesterday i had less than 15 health and i became stealthed, but it took much longer than normal

I kind of like this more, as it stays more true to the original. If you got redbarred in the original game (when it comes to the stealth tank), you started smoking even when stealthed (for only a while), and your cloaking device kept going on and off for about half a minute, before staying cloaked.