Defending a base.

IX_Equilibrium

So, my favorite faction is NOD, but in the last few days ive been playing GDI only and there are some things ive noticed.

Maps without ATG, GDI has to pull some major perfect defense, mine every building entrance, and walk around looking for SBH, altough it can be fun for some ppl (like me), its not fun to be a hotwire the whole game, mining everywhere and look for SBH so we dont get raped.

I know GDI is the "muscle" faction of the game, with great sieges and stuff, so air strike quite counters thats. So, what counters SBH spam?

I think the Risk\Profit of those plays is kinda imbalanced, to make a siege u need at least a 1500 credits mommy along with hotwires and MVLSVSVSL. To nuke a place u need a 450 SBH and a 1000 credit nuke.

In conclusion i think that GDI need a really perfect meticulous defense, compared to the airstrike spam of the NOD when they are being sieged.

I think he didn't mean to spam it. The website wen't down so it may have got stuck submitting the thread in a loop, so it spammed it. And yeah Totem makes a very valid point. That's how games tend to go. I imagine a GDI only item, a kind of sensor or something would be useful? That's just a first thought of course.

I already took them out, the topic wasnt being posted and i kinda spammed the button.

And yeah we were playing together like an hour ago, and like i said ive been playing GDI for some days, in a kind of a challenge to defend,maps like the desert\snow one are horrible to defend, the risk\profit of NOD is too low compared to a siege from GDI where 6\10 player lose their money compared to a single guy wasting his money in a SBH + nuke

I think he didn't mean to spam it. The website wen't down so it may have got stuck submitting the thread in a loop, so it spammed it. And yeah Totem makes a very valid point. That's how games tend to go. I imagine a GDI only item, a kind of sensor or something would be useful? That's just a first thought of course.

I think they are planning a tech building that will add Motion Sensor however that makes it so GDI need that structure while Nod really don't need it for that reason. I don't know what they plan, but the whole Airstrike seems to ruin most aspects of the game, not just vehicle warfare, sniping, rushing but also changes how the whole defense system will function as a whole. Not only that you can make Beacons in-disarmable with the use of a single airstrike.

Well the thing is with the game this new people get really enticed by the stealth characters. It actually becomes an advantage for GDI at certain points because over half their team is running around with an SBH. In all honesty I never really have an issue finding and disarming a beacon an SBH laid. It is much harder to defend from a beacon a tank is guarding.

Well the thing is with the game this new people get really enticed by the stealth characters. It actually becomes an advantage for GDI at certain points because over half their team is running around with an SBH. In all honesty I never really have an issue finding and disarming a beacon an SBH laid. It is much harder to defend from a beacon a tank is guarding.

Thing about beacons is that without the bleep sound when deployed you already lost valuable seconds in the fight to disarm it, it be killing the one deploying or just finding it quicker, and when there are multiple ones being put down at once, you need all the time you can get considering last 10sec beacon is immune.

GDI vehicles have more firepower than Nod vehicles. So you can field less vehicles on GDI and still have a good offense, giving you leeway to leave someone behind and defend the base.

If GDI loses their WF then they get hit with a big disadvantage. But even then it's very possible to defend against a SBH.

Thing about beacons is that without the bleep sound when deployed you already lost valuable seconds in the fight to disarm it, it be killing the one deploying or just finding it quicker, and when there are multiple ones being put down at once, you need all the time you can get considering last 10sec beacon is immune.

While I agree that the beacon immunity is dumb, what you're saying isn't entirely true. You actually have more time in Renegade X to disarm a beacon. In fact, you have about 10 more seconds to disarm it compared to Renegade.

To add to the "new player" idea, Id say the reason SBHs are so effective right now is that new people dont know what the little blue color effect is when an SBH gets close to them, so they ignore it.

I admit, Ive overlooked them many times before in RenX. In the original Renegade, it was completely obvious with the bright white/light blue effect AND a loud stealth "sound". Most of the time I heard them long before I saw them in the original, not the case here.

I do feel as though GDI is lacking some genuine hard hitters. It feels as though it takes only a small group of engis/techs to negate the damage a group of mammoths and MRLS can do to a building. Much less than what's actually being thrown at it. Perhaps it's just a feeling but while GDI has a clear advantage against Nod Vehicles, this doesn't seem to translate well when dealing with buildings.

Most of the time that's because everyone on GDI is afraid to push. You can easily plant an Ion and cover it with meds and mammies, attack another building, or storm the inside with infantry and kill the repairers. Simply sieging a building won't destroy it because someone on Nod will just get a Tech and afk-repair the MCT.

I do feel as though GDI is lacking some genuine hard hitters. It feels as though it takes only a small group of engis/techs to negate the damage a group of mammoths and MRLS can do to a building. Much less than what's actually being thrown at it. Perhaps it's just a feeling but while GDI has a clear advantage against Nod Vehicles, this doesn't seem to translate well when dealing with buildings.

Perhaps buff up the Orca's damage resistance and increase the weapon range for GDI tanks?

Most of the time that's because everyone on GDI is afraid to push. You can easily plant an Ion and cover it with meds and mammies, attack another building, or storm the inside with infantry and kill the repairers. Simply sieging a building won't destroy it because someone on Nod will just get a Tech and afk-repair the MCT.

Agree sitting out side of the base doesn't kill anything, unless it a AOW game where it might be better for the defenders to let the building die.

Sad but true. Dummies really dont like giving up their mammys, so 5 of them are dicking around trying to find positions so that they can all fire at something on Field. Meanwhile, Nod has let the HoN die and are now just farming points off the huge targets with well healed arties and airstrikes.

Ive said before, though, that airstrikes really benefit Nod more than GDI simply because GDI is the tank-team.