The EVA Voice is too Hard to Hear/Understand

dblaney1

The EVA voice is unfortunately the only sore point I have with this overall very well executed game. Its hard to understand, overly distorted, and just sounds cheap as well. Perhaps give an option in the sound menu to use the old EVA voices. I could care less if it just said unit ready when a vehicle is finished rather than say the specific unit. I'd rather have the much clearer voice thats very easy to understand.

This is not just a volume issue either. Its the recording quality and distortion effects, and the voice actor's annunciation of the words.

Also, the game really should display the EVA messages in the chat area like it did in regular renegade.

I think the voice acting, (apart from the way the GDI eva stresses each letter of GDI into Gee. Dee. Eye.) is perfectly fine.

the only things that makes EVA unbearable is the nuke and ion place notifications are practically silent, and they spam "building repaired" when the base is under siege,

Its not just the volume either. The voice itself is horrible as well. You can flat out turn off all the sounds but the voice and its still hard to understand. Listen to how clear and understandable this is.

Is that the original Eva next to the RenX-Eva? Wow, well, I didn't have any problems understanding what she says, but it's still a lot unclearer than the original one

Its not just the volume either. The voice itself is horrible as well. You can flat out turn off all the sounds but the voice and its still hard to understand. Listen to how clear and understandable this is.

Is that the original Eva next to the RenX-Eva? Wow, well, I didn't have any problems understanding what she says, but it's still a lot unclearer than the original one

No those are both the original Renegade Evas. The gdi one and the Nod one. The one in renegade x is 10 times harder to understand.