Dynamic Tiberium Fields

Raker57

Have dynamic tiberium fields ever been discussed? It would be pretty neat if Tiberium would slowly run out as it was collected. If a game dragged on too long, a team's tiberium field would run out and they would have to rely only on the cash they made on their own.

This would be pretty cool on walls flying as well because as it is now, there are two tib fields for each team but the harvester only collects from one. If the tib field eventually depleted, then the harvesters would have to go over to the other field.

Sometimes taking things away or giving limitations can increase strategy in a positive way. Players would be a lot more protective of their vehicles and think twice before just smashing them against the enemy with wreckless regard. Vehicles would become a lot more valuable. I realize this isn't something everyone would agree with, so why not just have Dynamic Tiberium as a server option?

It would be very interesting in a new original map. I'm not so sure about any of the current ones.

Which reminds me of one of the fan-made maps for the original Renegade. I don't remember its name, but I remember it having many tiberium fields and one of the things you could do was buy a harvester and then collect tiberium for your team. That's a pretty awesome idea, and if you combined it with dynamic fields, you might have yourself an entirely new element of strategy.

It would be very interesting in a new original map. I'm not so sure about any of the current ones.

Which reminds me of one of the fan-made maps for the original Renegade. I don't remember its name, but I remember it having many tiberium fields and one of the things you could do was buy a harvester and then collect tiberium for your team. That's a pretty awesome idea, and if you combined it with dynamic fields, you might have yourself an entirely new element of strategy.

I remember that! That was so awesome.

Indeed. And to add onto that, if you did combine it with player controlled harvesters, you could have a green field near the protection of your base, but there could be a shared blue field in contested territory in the center of the map. The blue field would be a lot more valuable, but the harvesters would require a lot of support from the team in order to survive.

How about for control of tiberium in the center? Like blue or red tiberium in the center of the map and with holds higher yield than normal green tiberium.

Ooooo make volcano map and put red tiberium in the middle of the map and FIGHT OVER THE ULTRA RARE TIBERIUM!

YES!! That's so awesome!!!!!

I dunno. The depleting fields mechanic served an RTS well, but Im not so sure about Renegade.

I could maybe see it happening, but only if all of the following was present:

1. Hitting enemies or repairing didnt give credits

2. Harvesters were ONLY manual (I dont want to see the already stupid harvy AI try some advanced tactics)

3. There was more than just the basic harvy (like the specialized harvesters from Red Alert 2)

Otherwise, the capture buildings like the silo already provide for this type of strategic gameplay.

I actually like this idea as an option you can choose when starting a game.

There are tiberium blossom trees in Tiberian Sun (and Tiberian Dawn) that "spouts" tiberium, making the tiberium field grow larger. There is one in one of the earlier Renegade singleplayer campagin maps too.

Maybe the maps with unlimited tiberium could have one of those blossom trees somewhere in the middle of the field, to show the players that the tiberium field won't run out? and tiberium fields that will run out doesn't have the blossom tree.

If there are maps where players can harvest tiberium, maybe the tiberium can run out - but then regrow later because of the blossom tree? To not make a team able to get infinite credits in short time.

Have dynamic tiberium fields ever been discussed? It would be pretty neat if Tiberium would slowly run out as it was collected. If a game dragged on too long, a team's tiberium field would run out and they would have to rely only on the cash they made on their own.

This would be pretty cool on walls flying as well because as it is now, there are two tib fields for each team but the harvester only collects from one. If the tib field eventually depleted, then the harvesters would have to go over to the other field.

I love this idea. Love it long time. One of the biggest features about C&C was the tiberium. I'd like to see some more tiberium stuff. I understand there is a general notion that the game will only refernece from the original C&C (with the exception of blue tiberium it would seem). This can still offer a lot of opportunities, like the tiberium trees for instance.

Having the harvester actually eat up tiberium would be nice too (so you see a patch missing where it had been). This could breed other tactics, such as suffocating the team by having tiberium grow around and into their base due to the harvester not being able to "hold it back".

And while we are using blue tiberium, perhaps it could be volatile; if there is an explosion, it sets off a chain reaction?

tl;dr version:

Yes to Dynamic pls.