[Insane tactic] Mine on your tank, then ram

sdsz11111

I found it pretty sick: put mines on the front your stank or APC, then ram the enemy tank with it. I tried to put 7 mines on the front of my stank, ram a med tank from the back, after a huge explosion the med was about 40% HP left, then killed it with several more shots. :D

Eh, buggies work better. The mines won't cloak on an stank which defeats the purpose of stealth, and APCs are a tad too large and slow. The objective is hit-and-run; Nod can't go two-to-two with Mammies and Medium tanks (especially if they have a couple engineers repairing them), so it's a sound strategy to weaken them. Then again, it takes a little over 15 mines to fully destroy a medium tank, so why not go all the way? You're likely going to die, so might as well be as quick and dirt cheap as possible.

Mines also work pretty well to deter C4-toting infantry, so maybe place a couple on the sides as well.

Aha, so you decided to go flaming with vehicles? I remember that being forbidden on most servers on C&C Renegade.

Grab a buggy/humvee, put like 10 remotes on the front of the vehicle, drive straight onto the enemy vehicle, exit, and blow it up!

Good thing this didn't work on building though... ;D

it is not a bug or glitch, however "FLAMING" is not allowed in most servers, this is not just for Renegade. A lot of Battlefield servers also forbid flaming. Renegade-X has rules according to abuse (u shall not cheat), however servers also have their own rules. Be nice and respect the rules, they keep the game fun for everyone.

I just not play on servers where I not like the rules ...

I always felt, in any game, that anything what is possible by regular game mechanics shall not be forbidden by serverrules ...

as long as it is no bug or glich

So I avoid those servers

AND btw ...

C4 counting towards the minelimit does help ...

planting 10 c4 on a unit would take away 10 mines from your vulnerable spots

that means, there is actually a mechanic to make "flaming" not only an advantage

and it is possible for both teams aswell, not a one sided thing ...

I can not see any reason why someone should forbid this, except for cry babies :P

I just not play on servers where I not like the rules ...

I always felt, in any game, that anything what is possible by regular game mechanics shall not be forbidden by serverrules ...

as long as it is no bug or glich

So I avoid those servers

AND btw ...

C4 counting towards the minelimit does help ...

planting 10 c4 on a unit would take away 10 mines from your vulnerable spots

that means, there is actually a mechanic to make "flaming" not only an advantage

and it is possible for both teams aswell, not a one sided thing ...

I can not see any reason why someone should forbid this, except for cry babies :P

Its up to the server owners if it is allowed or not. If they make it a rule you don't have to play on that server but that is your choice. I also believe it can be counted as a exploit because it's abusing the friend fire function. Your vehicle takes no damage from the explosion but theirs does.

I don't see what's so bad about this. We have airstrikes that will absolutely decimate a group of tanks, which only costs as much as one tank. If someone's going to spend 300-350 credits to take out one tank with remote C4, or 650-700 credits to use mines and probably get themselves killed in the process, it's more than a fair trade. Not to mention those C4 taking away from the extremely valuable mine limit that could be always be better used inside your own base.

Friendly fire being disabled always gets 'abused' and nobody pays much attention. Ever seen your own team calling in airstrikes on top of the tanks that were wrecking shit inside the enemy base? This stops engineers from planting easy C4 on them.

I don't see what's so bad about this. We have airstrikes that will absolutely decimate a group of tanks, which only costs as much as one tank. If someone's going to spend 300-350 credits to take out one tank with remote C4, or 650-700 credits to use mines and probably get themselves killed in the process, it's more than a fair trade. Not to mention those C4 taking away from the extremely valuable mine limit that could be always be better used inside your own base.

Friendly fire being disabled always gets 'abused' and nobody pays much attention. Ever seen your own team calling in airstrikes on top of the tanks that were wrecking shit inside the enemy base? This stops engineers from planting easy C4 on them.

that absolutely right!

The problem with this is just the mine limit.

If you screw your team's base defense because you wanted to ram some, you're technically griefing. Thus the reason why it was not allowed. If at least your team agrees, or the mine limit allows, then you're not griefing.

I don't see why this should not be allowed. But I also don't like players that do this.

It's selfish and borderline team hampering since your basically hogging up the proximity mine limit just so you can halfway kill an enemy tank.

Mines are better spent defending your base. Not as an offensive tactic.

Now, if you want to use remote C4, then by all means go ahead. (Remotes and mines don't share the same limit in RenX as far as I know.)

I always thought it funny when newbies were trying to sneak up on people with an SBH covered in mines, so from across the field you just saw some weird blocky movement. Even though it kinda defeats the purpose of stealth, it was still more effective than other infantry doing the same thing since the highlight box didnt appear when you pointed at the mound of C4 moving towards you.

I don't see why this should not be allowed. But I also don't like players that do this.

It's selfish and borderline team hampering since your basically hogging up the proximity mine limit just so you can halfway kill an enemy tank.

Now, if you want to use remote C4, then by all means go ahead. (Remotes and mines don't share the same limit in RenX as far as I know.)

Agree, better use it on some well-defended maps such as field.

Doing this would also prevent you from being hit so if you covered your head with remotes then you couldn't be headshotted.

but would that not limit you fov or maybe blind you?

sure it would give you some huge blind spots at least ...

not sure you could move quick and save enough to actually have good chances to get some where

(not that it wont work every once in a while)

i do not see why this should be against the rules ...

it is no bug and glitch it seems to be a valid tactic ...

yet i see some servers will not allow in the future :S

Some people like bubble wrapped gaming.

yes, i feel the same ...

in all games you have always mechanics that you do not like but you have to deal with it

for me that is part of the game ...

I am also fine with modding a game and its mechanics ...

so if there would be a mutator that prevents planting c4 on a friendly unit, fine ...

but as long as it is possible it should be fine aswell ... even tho i am not a fan of this either

You're actually able to make base defences ignore if you're all covered in mines or remotes, because they can't get a good shot on you. This is not a valid reason to put a ban on flaming, i don't know what will (i've tested this myself).

i am sure there can be a fix to this ...

or remove the possibility to attach c4 to infantery

They do I tested it.

You're actually able to make base defences ignore if you're all covered in mines or remotes, because they can't get a good shot on you. This is not a valid reason to put a ban on flaming, i don't know what will (i've tested this myself).

i am sure there can be a fix to this ...

or remove the possibility to attach c4 to infantery

No! I love the satisfaction of sticking a timed c4 to somebody's face right before I die and then hear that wonderful *boink*, even better if I hear a dual *boink*.

If fixing this particular aspect of flaming was the only issue (which its not), Id say the easiest way to fix it was to make c4 shoot-throughable (yes that is now a word) to everybody but the repair gun.

The real fun tactic was to put about 20 times c4s on an apc by using quick refill near a terminal and throwing them on your apc really fast. Then drive into any vehicle and watch them evaporate within seconds while you still keep happily driving. And this DOES NOT affect the mine limit.

Back in the day when GDI would get pinned in by Artys, I would always try to help the push out with suicide runs.

Buy a shotgunner. Buy an APC. As I go to hop in the APC, toss timed on the front. Dont let go of "W".

If lucky with timing, timed can get some thing. If not, you do some damage, they kill the apc, then you are right next to them with a shotgun that can do decent VS Artys.

All of this sometimes created enough of a distraction/disturbance to allow the team to break the lines.

I also remember an other good reason to put C4 on your own vehicle ...

If you patrol the base as Hotwire with an APC it is better you plant remotes on your APC.

Then you can get out to defuse a beacon and if your APC (Parked in distance) gets captured by the SBH you blow it.

I know that has nothing to do with the "rush and blow" tactic but shows that it actually can be used in other ways

I always remote my own vehicle most of the time.

MRLS are a great example. With a hotwire and remotes on my vehicle, I can hop out and quickly repair up. If a SBH takes it, I simply get the kill points by detonating the remotes and maybe even get the SBH exposed enough to kill him.