New Hack or Just a Glitch?

BioHazard1987

Hello Renegade X community,

I found something rather odd while live streaming today. I am not sure what to make of it. I was on GDI when I was alerted that the power plant was getting hit, so I ran over to find a Nod engineer, except he had a yellow name and was healing our building. Needless to say I was a bit confused. Later I would come back to the power plant to find him c4ing the console and damaging it so he could heal it again. It seems to me he was using this exploit to get credits due to the fact we had no refinery. However I have no idea how he pulled this glitch off or if he managed to hack it. I will let you decide. I figured I would let the devs know this glitch/hack/exploit is out there.

Here is a clip with this glitch/hack in action.

http://www.twitch.tv/biohazard1987/c/3816359

Sorry if I cannot provide anymore information on how this occurred.

• Former Developers

Spy crate. It changes your character to an enemy character, which also prevents enemy automated defenses from targeting you. This is a very valuable/rare crate to find and can help your team to have someone who can easily infiltrate the enemy base.

In the video it didn't seem like he did any damage to the power plant, it was getting hit from the outside. Remote C4s damage would have brought the building's health down to almost half health.

Spy crate. It changes your character to an enemy character, which also prevents enemy automated defenses from targeting you.

Alright I guess I wasn't aware of that mechanic existed my apologies. I guess the c4 plant was just coincidence. My Bad.

I altered the video title and description to provide the correct info; however, I will keep the video up in case people still wish to see it.

The old spy crate just gave you an SBH that was invisible to base defenses. I was confused at first too.

However, there are some cases where you could friendly-fire kill someone on your actual team, I have no clue how that happens.

The spy crate gives you a unit from the enemy team as well as the same colored hitbox as the enemy team. The only way that an enemy player can tell you apart from the rest of their team is by the color of your name. Your name stays the color of your actual team, so a Nod spy will be a GDI character with a red name. A GDI player looking at that Nod spy will display a friendly green target box around them, but they can in fact be killed by seemingly friendly fire since they aren't actually on their team.

So, if you're on GDI and see a "friendly" character with a red name, then it's a Nod spy. Likewise, on Nod if you see a Nod character with a gold name, then it's a GDI spy. Even though their target box will be green, you can still kill them.

It changes your character to an enemy character, which also prevents enemy automated defenses from targeting you.

I was killed by the Obelisk when I was transformed into a Nod character. I was under the impression that it was an intended feature and not a bug, but its good to know now.

It changes your character to an enemy character, which also prevents enemy automated defenses from targeting you.

I was killed by the Obelisk when I was transformed into a Nod character. I was under the impression that it was an intended feature and not a bug, but its good to know now.

Killed by the Obelisk? Well, then you just got a new CHARACTER and not a Spy Crate.

2 different things and hard to notice when you're not reading the chat well :P.

Killed by the Obelisk? Well, then you just got a new CHARACTER and not a Spy Crate.

2 different things and hard to notice when you're not reading the chat well :P.

No, it was definitely a spy crate. I was on GDI and was transformed into Mendoza.