tiberian dawn effect on lakeside map

rocky44r

tiberian dawn makes the entire game too dark, giving nod a huge advantage... i am not sure where this effect comes from, but i think it comes from a crate... make it last only for a minute or less... playing for the entire game in tiberian dawn mode is not enjoyable as you can't see shit...

EDIT: a lot of people don't seem to know the special effects of lakeside map, so i add an explanation here:

if you destroy one building, a few minutes after that a seismic shock is announced by EVA. this shock causes that a rock crashes down on the road near the ref and helps the team with the lost building by giving a way more to infiltrate the enemy base.

if a second building of the loosing faction is destroyed the second seismic shock lets rise the water in the cave and in the woods.

if both teams have lost one building, there are 2 rocks helping both teams to get in the enemy base by the road near ref.

if both teams have lost two buildings, there are the 2 rocks AND a LOT of water in the cave and the woods. additionally after a few minutes starts the tiberian dawn mode (also announced by EVA). it makes everything too dark and nod has easy play then... maybe they need that because of the strong GDI anti-person base defense...

on the other hand it is simply not fun to play all the time in the dark... i would remove it or just make it be there for a minute.

it may be a good idea to put this effect in crates and for every map, so the work done for this effect is not in vain. although i would like to keep the effect max 1 min per crate...

so as this is a map related problem, someone could also move the thread in the right section...

p.s.: oh and by the way: the swim animation doesn't work in the new spawned water on lakeside ;) the soldiers keep just running pretty awkward slowly in the water...

Edited by Guest

no there seems to be a tiberian dawn effect or something... maybe it was a serverside mod... i have no idea.

it happens on lakeside map and is announced in the chat. similar to the earthquakes in lakeside...

in this mode (which stays until the end of the map), the map gets covered in a dark green light and makes it nearly impossible to see anything in dark spaces (like cave, forest, a lot of corners, ecc.).

noone saw that?

no there seems to be a tiberian dawn effect or something... maybe it was a serverside mod... i have no idea.

it happens on lakeside map and is announced in the chat. similar to the earthquakes in lakeside...

in this mode (which stays until the end of the map), the map gets covered in a dark green light and makes it nearly impossible to see anything in dark spaces (like cave, forest, a lot of corners, ecc.).

noone saw that?

You activated night vision on accident ;). LOL

what? through the entire game? with any weapon? after several deaths? even while not zoomed or scoped? xD

EDIT: nope, tried night vision. its not the same visual effect... besides, night vision makes dark spots clearer not darker...

i'll try to make a video about that... or at least a screenshot...

ok guys! i tested it. it is a map related problem.

i figured it out. on lakeside this happens:

if you destroy one building, a few minutes after that a seismic shock is announced by EVA. this shock causes that a rock crashes down on the road near the ref and helps the team with the lost building by giving a way more to infiltrate the enemy base.

if a second building of the loosing faction is destroyed the second seismic shock lets rise the water in the cave and in the woods.

if both teams have lost one building, there are 2 rocks helping both teams to get in the enemy base by the road near ref.

if both teams have lost two buildings, there are the 2 rocks AND a LOT of water in the cave and the woods. additionally after a few minutes starts the tiberian dawn mode (also announced by EVA). it makes everything too dark and nod has easy play then... maybe they need that because of the strong GDI anti-person base defense...

on the other hand it is simply not fun to play all the time in the dark... i would remove it or just make it be there for a minute.

it may be a good idea to put this effect in crates and for every map, so the work done for this effect is not in vain. although i would like to keep the effect max 1 min per crate...

so as this is a map related problem, someone could also move the thread in the right section...

p.s.: oh and by the way: the swim animation doesn't work in the new spawned water on lakeside ;) the soldiers keep just running pretty awkward slowly in the water...