You guys ROCK.

Cyborg571

I know the forums are already likely packed with posts like this, but...

Just finished my first multiplayer rounds of RenX. WOW. This is everything my 2002 self would have ever wanted from a Renegade sequel and more. In my honest opinion, no AAA studio - even one dedicated to doing the original justice - could have revived and expanded the game with as much reverence as you guys have. I will be strongly recommending this game to all my friends. You have my eternal thanks.

I know the forums are already likely packed with posts like this, but...

Just finished my first multiplayer rounds of RenX. WOW. This is everything my 2002 self would have ever wanted from a Renegade sequel and more. In my honest opinion, no AAA studio - even one dedicated to doing the original justice - could have revived and expanded the game with as much reverence as you guys have. I will be strongly recommending this game to all my friends. You have my eternal thanks.

I wouldn't go praising the game just yet. The game is still RIDDLED with bugs and imbalances. Plus a poor server browser and is lacking many other basic features.

It's definitely good, but it's certainly not worth praising like it's the second coming.

Two things:

1) Being an industry game developer, I can say from experience that encouragement yields a much greater and much healthier result than pointless criticism (for both parties). Do you really think the devs don't know about there being bugs? Chances are they've already got a hundred duplicate tickets for all the things you're not satisfied with. Do you think your constant reminders to the devs of these bugs (in the game they provided to you for FREE) will entice them to work harder and do better work? From experience, I can promise you the effect will be the opposite.

By all means, report bugs as needed in the appropriate place (viewforum.php?f=35), but for the sake of the community, you really should resist the urge to post such pointless, toxic criticism.

2) This game IS the second coming (for Renegade). Seriously, for an independent game project, this is very feature complete, and very polished. It also doesn't lose sight of its origins, while at the same time feeling very modern. Besides, AAA games have their fair share of release bugs as well (Sim City? Battlefield 4?). These games also cost $60 and are usually only able to fix their release bugs if the game sells enough copies to merit making an expansion that will sell for an additional $15.

So yeah...

TLDR: Game development is hard. People who make games like encouragement. This project actually IS freaking awesome.