Add more graphical options!

DEG

Title says it all. I don't get the performance out of this game. Yes there is lots of graphics options. But i want more! :P:D

Options you should add: Specular map on/off

Normal map on/off

Paralax map on/off

These effects are eating my laptop. I don't have money to buy powerful laptop so fuck you whu suggest me to buy new computer. You can donate if you want :P

I think these settings should switch between diffrent materials (if you know what i mean[no mr.bean meme])

Thank you for reading my topic ;)

DatEstonianGuy

Title says it all. I don't get the performance out of this game. Yes there is lots of graphics options. But i want more! :P:D

Normal map on/off

Paralax map on/off

These effects are eating my laptop. I don't have money to buy powerful laptop so fuck you whu suggest me to buy new computer. You can donate if you want :P

I think these settings should switch between diffrent materials (if you know what i mean[no mr.bean meme])

DatEstonianGuy

Get a better computer, stop demanding devs pander to your 10 year old office hardware.

Normal map on/off

Paralax map on/off

DatEstonianGuy

You could always get a desktop. I'm not sure too many laptops have the specs to run this game that well. Unless you got a laptop that you put some money into.

I play it at low settings. First off, its probably going to run on integrated graphics as long as the computer has 3g ram and at least a dual core, or basically is a year old laptop or 2-3 year old desktop. I don't have integrated graphics, but it should.

Second off...

PC Player: PC is best platform

Console Player: I have a pc, but can't run a game

PC Gamer: Get the most expensive system you can like I did scrub

THEN you wonder why there are console gamers in the first place. As long as system setting scrubbery is going on, people are just going to keep buying the magically balanced game-running box from Sony...

Third off, this game plays differently from Renegade. Even if it looked similar, the headshots, the airstrikes, the maps, the different vehicle and weapon balances, the player support... It could look like renegade all it wants to as far as I care though, I just play for FPS settings, because if I wanted it to run smooth and look good, I'd play a game on my 360 instead. SEE ARGUEMENT 2 ABOVE.

Guys, there's a diffrence between being honest and being straight rude. If your neighbour got a baby and you think it's a ugly beast, you're not gonna say it right into their face like that, or do you?

At least show some respect towards others, if they go through the effort to politely ask something, no matter how stupid or genius the question is.

Guys, there's a diffrence between being honest and being straight rude. If your neighbour got a baby and you think it's a ugly beast, you're not gonna say it right into their face like that, or do you?

At least show some respect towards others, if they go through the effort to politely ask something, no matter how stupid or genius the question is.

To be honest there is no being polite and suggestion that maybe he could upgrade his components, he said he is on a laptop and unless he spent the money on a high end laptop. He isn't going to be able to upgrade anything on it. All we can do is offer him suggestion, the devs are the only ones that can give him a response on if that is something they can add.

Edited by Guest

I'm really polite in person. I don't like people who say that i should get better computer. If you are gonna say "get mah new comp", donate me some bitcoins then :P

As i was saying, these settings would be very useful for lots of people. Including me

Edit: I want to play game on 720p not 480p. Thats why i am asking for more graphics options. Would be awesome if people with low specs can play this awesome game.

Well its sad that you cant play it functionally on your laptop, however if you really want to play this game with its stunning graphics and quality you need to upgrade to a high end laptop or just a medium to high end desktop.

But yeah, of course more options is always great but you should at least be able to run it fine on low or i don't think a few options will change anything to be honest.

Well its sad that you cant play it functionally on your laptop, however if you really want to play this game with its stunning graphics and quality you need to upgrade to a high end laptop or just a medium to high end desktop.

But yeah, of course more options is always great but you should at least be able to run it fine on low or i don't think a few options will change anything to be honest.

I don't care about the graphics. Just the fps and resolution right now :)

I wasn't trying be a dick, I was merely stating the obvious. The original has more or less the same gameplay, and it would run better.

I want to play Renegade x not original renegade.

You wouldn't mind if I asked what your laptops specs are, would you?

Also, a there are options for a good number of those things (Including normals and lighting features) you were asking for in the UDKSystemSettings.ini file in Renegade X\UDKGame\Config

Edited by Guest

You wouldn't mind if I asked what your laptops specs are, would you?

Also, a there are options for a good number of those things (Including normals and lighting features) you were asking for in the UDKEngine.ini file in Renegade X\UDKGame\Config

You can do these things in the graphics menu. (i think)

Laptop is Lenovo b590 (without i3 as you can see)

Specs:

Somekind of HDD 300 gb

CPU Intel celeron 1000m

8 gb ram

Windows 8 64 bit. (Not gonna update it to 8.1 :P)

Latest graphics drivers installed.

What are you computer specs? Add me on skype Volcom_Ren or hop on my teamspeak ts.rencorner.com and I will try to help you out.

Check my last post on this topic for specs. Adding you on skype.

That laptop is defined as an "office notebook". http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/es ... ries/b590/

Here is a review of it; http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Len ... 518.0.html

Gaming Performance

The Lenovo B590 is definitely not designed for games.

It's running a Integrated HD 4000 chip, benchmark - http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.p ... el+HD+4000

There are numerous reveiws for your notebook saying that it isn't meant for demanding gaming at all, mostly because of the fact it's running an HD4000. There is literally no other way to state this, but you're going to have to find a computer that is meant for gaming, rather than office work.

That laptop is defined as an "office notebook". http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/es ... ries/b590/

Gaming Performance

It's running a Integrated HD 4000 chip, benchmark - http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.p ... el+HD+4000

There are numerous reveiws for your notebook saying that it isn't meant for demanding gaming at all, mostly because of the fact it's running an HD4000. There is literally no other way to state this, but you're going to have to find a computer that is meant for gaming, rather than office work.

I freaking know!!!! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know!

Gaming Performance

I freaking know!!!! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know! I know!

Are you sure?

Renegade and Renegade X plays quite differently. So there are reasons wanting to play this and not the original.

However, it is true what they say. You got an office-notebook with a mobile CPU running only integrated graphics. You can be happy if it runs Minecraft well.

Even my own gaming-grade laptop, an Asus G53 with some mobile i7 and an Nvidia GTX 560m does not run UE3 games very well at all.

Normal map on/off

Paralax map on/off

DatEstonianGuy

oh that sucks, I dont have a crappy laptop and I have a job so I can afford good hardware.

In all honesty if I were a developer I'd feel pretty insulted on how you came off instead of coming off as more productive.

The graphical features are plentiful and run on a lot of different grades of hardware.

Yeah, hate to say they are right, but "freebirds who love their mobility" are ironically limited in where they can freely roam as far as computer programs.

Get a desktop, and you can play this game for less than 500 bucks. Then, you could upgrade that desktop with a graphics card, I suggest the NVidia 9500GT, and extra/bigger ram, and it will continue to play good games on low graphics for years to come.

I know, I did it. I am just glad I was smart enough not to buy into the "must be laptop" thing. I never have any comfort at all with a laptop, I need a desk, and I would honestly rather get one of these:dit1.JPG