Please increase respawn-time for cannonry on whiteout

chup

Hi,

as the title already says it's about a minor change, but I guess it's easy to implement if accepted. The respawn-time of the cannonry at the base entrance you can enter is in my opinion too short. They're really powerful and destroying them makes almost no sense because they're back in no time.

Imho this should be a variable rather than hardcoded; something for servers to decide on. That way people who like fast respawn get that, those who like slow respawn another, and no respawn the latter.

I don't know why some people insist on giving such options to further make every server feel like its not the one you want, splitting the community apart. Game needs standards, I'm already skipping all servers with a less-than 10 vehicle limit.

I'm personally for having them never respawn, though that would also probably mean they need to have more health.

Otherwise, a 3 minutes respawn time would probably be fine.

Imho this should be a variable rather than hardcoded; something for servers to decide on. That way people who like fast respawn get that, those who like slow respawn another, and no respawn the latter.

I don't know why some people insist on giving such options to further make every server feel like its not the one you want, splitting the community apart. Game needs standards, I'm already skipping all servers with a less-than 10 vehicle limit.

I'm personally for having them never respawn, though that would also probably mean they need to have more health.

Otherwise, a 3 minutes respawn time would probably be fine.

Trust me, when Renegade was out there was a server for all. Renegade X will be the same. I don't see why you have such negativity toward choice; those game standards are what really turn people away; because the issue they really don't like is inherently always persistent, wherever they go. This way, there will at least be some servers for each preference.

My idea is that it should take engineers to rebuild the turrets after they've been destroyed, but in the fashion of a tech building - they must hold their repair gun on it until it is 100% before it gets rebuilt. If they stop, it goes back to zero. That way, there is NO timer for respawn on these things, but you can still get them back.

My idea is that it should take engineers to rebuild the turrets after they've been destroyed, but in the fashion of a tech building - they must hold their repair gun on it until it is 100% before it gets rebuilt. If they stop, it goes back to zero. That way, there is NO timer for respawn on these things, but you can still get them back.

That would be a good compromise.

But since they're defence structures, they shouldn't respawn when destroyed. Other base defences like turrets and guard towers don't come back, or do they (I haven't seen that)?

St0rm AOW in Renegade used to have it so that when a minor base defense died, it spawned a little yellow crate that when ran over would deduct 100 credits from the player's credits, and put it into a pool to rebuild that base defense. The yellow crates would spawn once per like 3 seconds after someone ran over one and the defense would cost like $1200 total to rebuild.

Perhaps something similar could be used.

Such as: 2 minutes after it is destroyed, a small switch appears on the wall near the destroyed base defense. Everytime someone presses "E" on that switch, 100 credits goes into the pool to recreate the base defense. Have it be $1000 or so to rebuild, so that if a player wants to rebuild it all himself, he presses "E" on the switch 10 times. Each time you press "E" at the switch, a you get a PM saying "100 credits deployed into rebuilding Turret X. xxx amount needed to complete build."

I think that would be better.

The thing is, if a person is rebuilding turret, they're probably the one that will man that turret. Giving the ability to have multiple people to chip in should already be handled by the donate system. Also, in my opinion, it should be linked to a combination of two buildings existing, either power plant + war factory/air strip, or power plant + barracks/hand of nod. If one building in those duos is down, rebuilding the turret emplacements should be off limits.