What do nuclear beacons/ion beacons look like?

Sojourner

I swear to Jesus if the beacon chime were any louder I would go deaf every time I was trying to clear a beacon, but I have no idea what they actually look like.

Anyone have a screenshot of one (placed)? I knew what they looked like in Renegade. In X, damn, I haven't even physically seen one yet, and not from lack of trying.

[ORIGINAL POST]

They should look like the beacons from the original Ren. Small pedestals with a tall cylinder. They should glow according to what type of beacon they are. I'll try to get a picture (Don't expect quality. My computer hates the Unreal 3 engine).

[END ORIGINAL POST]

Got the pictures of the beacons.

D92EEB470AC99C4A324A45145EAAEDA30D5F0F2F

74D4D1DCD766DD43B720522C80624DC0F5ADA6B5

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the snapshot UncleRichardson. Much obliged.

It's possible you couldn't find them because people have found ways to glitch placing beacons into unreachable places.

I remember this happening in normal Renegade, I'm used to it :) Just kidding.

That said, I wonder if someone placed a nuke beacon in a similar circumstance last game when I simply couldn't find it outside the Tiberium Refinery. As far as I know the building isn't climbable, but I looked all around where it was chiming and simply couldn't see it. At least I know what to look for -- I was hoping Renegade X would add a little periodic flash, or flicker, or at least something to distinguish beacons. In my opinion, the difficulty should be on protecting it, not on defenders trying to compare shades of gray to see if that's building texture or beacon texture. :)

Thanks for the snapshot UncleRichardson. Much obliged.
It's possible you couldn't find them because people have found ways to glitch placing beacons into unreachable places.

I remember this happening in normal Renegade, I'm used to it :) Just kidding.

That said, I wonder if someone placed a nuke beacon in a similar circumstance last game when I simply couldn't find it outside the Tiberium Refinery. As far as I know the building isn't climbable, but I looked all around where it was chiming and simply couldn't see it. At least I know what to look for -- I was hoping Renegade X would add a little periodic flash, or flicker, or at least something to distinguish beacons. In my opinion, the difficulty should be on protecting it, not on defenders trying to compare shades of gray to see if that's building texture or beacon texture. :)

I felt the same, which is why I always used colorful yet not-rainbow skins for the beacons in old Renegade.

Generally, in this game they could have used more lighting effects for it. Meh, no biggie. More of a biggie, is a few places one can learn where it morphs into the ground. I don't use them, but there is a special place in hell for those who do.

You can walk partly into the silo and place the beacons inside. Check there.

I agree, it should be on the attacker to defend the beacon and not the defenders running around like headless chickens to find it. Usually when i plant a beacon everyone runs in circles and cant find it, some even run past it and other try to blow it up with C4.

Im one of them. Im an old school Ren player and I cant find the damn things with the audio of them as it is right now.